Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can sky dishes be wired into these?

• 20-10-2021 11:07am

Hi I’ve one of these things on the wall (it’s name escapes me) I see it has aerial and satellite outputs - if it were possible to get one that had two sat outputs would sky be willing to wire the dish to that?

pic of the wall unit I’m referring to and if you have any idea that would be great cos I don’t mind taking a chance buying it even if there’s only a slight chance depending on who’s doing the install but if they will almost certainly flat out refuse I won’t bother.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Any problems/refusal are more likely to do with getting the cable into the conduit.

You could dispense with using a flush surface mounted plate and put something like a pattress and faceplate where the cable exits the wall

have you considered getting the dish and installation from a satellite company other than sky? Then you could get a custom installation how you'd like it installed

https://www.dublintvservices.ie/satellite-dishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Yes, no problem to replace that faceplate/wallplate with one that has 2 sat outputs or even 3 outputs to include terrestrial aerial provided there are 2 separate cables behind the faceplate. Screw off the front and have a look. (Just to note Saorview is not possible on a third output if you are installing standard SkyQ on a 2 cable setup)

The next question is where do the cables from that TV point terminate, attic possibly?

The Sky installer may not be willing to enter the attic to connect the dish to any existing internal cabling.

Post edited by The Cush on

tbh I’m not arsed enough to pay for it tell you the truth

he’s been out and said it’s possible but bare hardship so I said leave it alone so - regardless I will look into your alternate idea of adding a faceplate to the wall and connecting the dish that way via the entry point - that’s a sound idea appreciate it.

Advertisement