Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Corsodyl vs Kin query

• 20-10-2021 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

As mouth and gum prophylactic protection, is there any difference between the effect these products, both at 0.20% Chlorhexidine. Taste and staining irrelevant.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,729 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My dentist is one of the clinical supervisors of Advanced Restorative Dentistry at the Dublin Dental School and hospital....he is of the view that Kin is the better product and has advocated I use that exclusively from early in my treatment and going forward daily ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

But if the active ingredient is the same how can one be better than the other, that’s what I’m wondering, bearing in mind it’s being used as a preventative measure not as a treatment for a condition that is already active and undergoing a cure?

I hope things are working out for you and your mouth problems are getting better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭wench

The active ingredients are the same, but the other ingredients can have side effects.

My dentist warned against long term use of Corsodyl because it can cause staining.

Advertisement