Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WebSDR problem loading on Cellular.

• 20-10-2021 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭

Problem that is really starting to annoy me. I listen to alot of WebSDR's online via my PC but when I go to listen on my Android 6.0 smart fon the page will only load if Im connected to WiFi..! it will not load on Cellular data for some strange reason. I think it maybe to do with the WebSDRs and Kiwi SDRs mostly being non-secure sites ie. http. But why will they access via WiFi and not Cellular....? I do know that Chrome browser it not recommended for these sites so I have tried Firefox, Opera and Superfast Browser apps but with all the same outcome.... any ideas or answers really appreciated. Thanks M.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Malmsteen

Anybody... Hello... Echoo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Malmsteen

Up date to the above problem.... So recently I invested in a premium VPN that I can use on numerous devices and purely by accident went to listen to a Web SDR via the Android device as mentioned in my previous post and to my disbelief the Web SDR started straight away with audio..... So that means that my Mobile provider which will remain nameless must have been throttling my Cell signal for certain sites and Apps all along.... Regarding Apps. I was also having issues with persistant drop-outs on certain audio apps ie. Music and Radio but once I have the said VPN activated the Apps have continuios audio and No drop-outs whats so ever. So again the Mobile provider must have certain restrictions on my PAYG account which to be honest is un-believable in this day and age.... has anyone else come across this ??? and if so take my advice and invest in a good VPN or move to another Provider....just saying ;-)

Advertisement