Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair&Lease schem- Meath County Council

Options
  • 20-10-2021 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I have a 4 bedroom property that is structurally sound but needs upgrading and renovating to meet the LA housing standards. I'm wondering if anyone has made an application to Meath County Council and can tell me of their experience. Was it straightforward? If not what were the obstacles? I thought the process was straightforward, but it's anything but. Apart from their lack of response, I have been confronted with one obstacle after another. It's difficult to understand Meath County Council's response; they're behaving as if there wasn't a housing crisis. The government is urging anyone with unoccupied homes to make them available to the LA but LA are turning their noses up at homes being offered, citing reasons that don't seem to make sense. What's going on? I have a few theories myself but they are perhaps best left unsaid! It seems there is a total disconnect between what the Government says and what the County Councils do?

Advertisement