Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Okay, took out putt preview from Arizona and also made a couple of new events for after it. If putt preview gets enabled, it means an admin is going in changing it so will see how the next few events play out.

I keep the difficulty at easy or open but putt preview I just don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Shot an - 18 there, another suggestion if we're to spice it up for the next round, along with taking off putt preview, would be taking off the pro vision wind, which basically doesn't adjust your landing position due to the wind but gives you a wind speed and direction

Are you sure? Craggy winds definitely affected my shots. I assumed that option would turn off the mph and direction of the wind but then wondered how you would tell.

Just a suggestion to spice things up, we could put it to a vote?

Ah no I'm just wondering what it does, at the moment, wind is affecting shots so what would happen if we turned off pro vision?

• Advertisement

It takes off the true landing point with the wind, and gives you a projected landing point but with wind speed and direction shown

Ah ok, ****, i didn't know it did that so with pro vision, is there a button you can press like putt preview to show where the ball will land with the wind? Yeah, will turn that option off as well.

Watching this, yeah, i had no idea how many guides there are, definitely need to turn some of these off to get a more competitive play. Thanks Duplo.

Well maybe don't go too nuts, we've players here who are still very new to the game. Maybe take off an aid per event?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

What are all these aids that I haven’t been using??? 🤯🤯🤯

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, i don't want to put people off at all. Putt preview is a ridiculous aid, basically like training wheels so that's staying off. Arizona will have all other options on and the event after, we'll try pro vision off. The weird one about that was i was changing my shot to what i thought i needed but didn't know the game was already doing that for me.

The golf club 1 and 2 had ridiculous difficulty, specifically the putting. I think this over compensated a bit which is good for learning but having so many options enabled as default can make it a bit too easy. At c the moment, there's a serious dissenters disadvantage between players using the guides and those who aren't, just trying to level that playing field. Will see how the scores look after Arizona anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Wait, there's a mystical wind prediction wizard??

Well it's the pro vision wind option. With it off, I just guess on the drives, but then on the approach shots I work with ratios i.e (x) amount of yards with a (y) amount of wind in a certain direction then it's few yards to the left or right bearing in mind the relative nature of (x) and (y) above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Just finished Halloween Spooktacular and I loved the course, great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Struggling to get time to play this haloween course. When is the last day to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Thought i'd get on the new course early, might even be the early leader - nope, i'm the early loser! :-) Started slowly but on fire near the end, 5 birdies and an eagle in last 6 holes. Alas too little too late, still a very decent 10 under overall. Fair play to early leader dmacred on 15 under. Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Finished Scottsdale 4 over par. Happy enough with that performance, but I need to work on my putting.

Finished Scottsdale at -1, some tough greens on that one. I hit some nice long putts but also missed some easy ones for a few bogeys, interested to see how the scores look on this one.

I'm a big fan of John McCarthy's commenting in the game. Lovely voice.

• Advertisement

I hit through a tree on the Halloween course and he said "oh, the ball has hit some branchy...stuff". Made me chuckle.

17 under but got 4 eagles with two chip ins😁

Ok, new rule, Duplo is only allowed use a Pitching Wedge from the next event on :D nice work man!

There ain't no stopping the duploelabs train. I can never see it derailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Think I finished 11 under. Left a few birdies behind me but no bogies thankfully. I think I’m 2nd for now but no doubt I’ll finish further away once everyone has gone round

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

12 under for me. Yet again Duplo is clinical and ruthless. Like some kind of emotionless assassin.

I like to style myself on an Anton Chigurh type

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

Is the game difficulty level different for everyone in boards society club or are we all playing to exact same conditions?

What i mean If i am playing as "beginner" in pga tour and someone is playing as "legend" in pga tour. Beginner people might by playing up a level but legends are coming down? Is that correct?

I think in Divot Derby (crazy but fun!) its on professional just wondering is it the same for societies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

The settings for this society are different to most I've played in, from memory the swing difficulty has been set and some aids removed but otherwise everything is open as far as I can tell. I've been playing since last summer so am used to playing without any of the aids as the societies I've played in have removed them. I didn't even realise the pro vision settings were allowed for the first two events of this society or putt preview was allowed as my own settings had them turned off. Its a different game with them on but there's lots of new players here so makes sense to have them until people get used to it.

The beginner/legend difficulty is just the swing meter. The white bar gets smaller as you go up the levels so accuracy suffers more on offline shots. All the online game modes HB Sports manage are professional as far as I know, think divot derby is the same. Most of the really good players play on TGC Tours at master difficulty and on really difficult courses. All of us in the boards society are playing off the same swing difficulty but you are correct that some might be used to beginner or some might be coming down from master.

• Advertisement

All playing on the same difficulty. Any recommendations to change any of these like the pro vision?

Advertisement