Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Warriors Celtics would be a cracking final series. Should be a good game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

As a Celtics fan my heart obviously says Celtics, but I have a feeling Boston are running on fumes at this stage and GS will be much better rested and that could be the deciding factor.

For anyone interested in going to Paris in January, you can register your interest below:

Just be warned, Paris in January is COLD!!!!

Not the best line-up they could have brought but not the worst either I suppose. It does amaze me that when the NBA do these games abroad that they don't bring 2 of the 4 best teams in the League and bring true superstars. Why go to such effort to bring average teams it seems every time they do this?

It should be a great series no matter what, but unless Boston are 100% healthy I think GS have a slight edge.

I'll enjoy it either way as Curry is one of my all time favourite players to watch.

Thanks Butter, I registered my interest for the Paris game, would be absolute dream to see the Bulls play live and I'd say Paris is the closest I'd ever get. Saying that, i can only imagine how hard it will be to get tickets for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,301 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This game is insane, Celtics just got the lead back for the first time since early in the third.

Derrick White with a three pointer with just over four minutes left to go up by three and Kyle Lowry goes right down the other end and drains a three. Heat get a turnover and go up and get two free throws to.put the Heat back up by two with 3.30 left. Celtics go right back down and tie it up. It's in the balance, I'm fracking up watching it.

Butler on 40 points as I post.

Horford has been great again.

Celtics blow it, Butler on fire with 47 points 9 rebounds and 8 assists. Heat with 42.9 % shooting from three point range was the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Wow Butler, that turn around jumper was magic.

4 steals and a block into that statline too!

Unreal game! The difference between this series and the warriors/mavs is staggering to see the physicality and fight from both sides to win where as the other series was like watching a relaxing 3 point contest in comparison. Like ye said above, Warriors definitely have an advantage in the finals but it's been way more fun to watch Heat and Celtics. I think Boston will take the final but it should be a cracking game!

I've gone to most of the European games. It's never been an issue to get a ticket.

• Advertisement

Boston really let that one slip.

If I’m looking at this from a glass half full perspective I can’t see Butler playing like that again as the effects on his body will have been enormous. We’re likely to see more of a regression to the mean on this. The biggest single issue for me and what will likely decide this series is whether or not Rob Williams will be available and fully healthy for game 7.

Yeah I've exactly the same thoughts as regards Rob Williams, he's been the Celtics best player when he's played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Boston nearly choked big time, if Butler just calmed down a bit and either drove to the basket or got a better shot then it could of been a different result. I definitely think Boston were better and will give us a way better series, I honestly think Boston are better than us but I think we have hit a good groove and confidence.

should be a great series, let’s gooooo

As has been pointed out many times in this thread by multiple people, Rob Williams is the key man. If he's healthy enough to play 30 minutes then it's likely Boston win. Good luck trying to score from the outside if he's healthy.

Feel bad for Jimmy but yeah, he rushed that. Would have been an amazing comeback. Should be an interesting final, let's go Celtics!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

I didn't mind the shot Jimmy took. I reckon you could count on one hand how many open looks Boston gave up in this series. Might have taken a second to set himself a little better but he didn't shy away from the moment, and I admired that.

Happy that Boston made it through (I don't want a GSW win, sorry to our resident fan!😉) and I hope they go on to win it.

Warriors are favorites, kind of surprising even with home court. I really think Boston match up well against us, I really wanted Miami in the finals.

I am still not 100% on this Warriors team, they had an easy enough run and it seems like a year early for this version of the Warriors. I think Bostons defensive aggressiveness will be huge.

I would of preferred to have the first two games in Boston to be honest, it kind of feels like Bostons year in my opinion, Klay is looking better and better, he could be the difference maker

Official NBA end of season fan voting is live. Some nice plays here and what an easy way to vote, nice and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Build up has been a little tame here, I think the casual fans have dropped off quite a bit since the dominant years.

Looking forward to a good game, I think Boston will take one here for sure, they just match up so well against us and will be really physical, hopefully they are beat up from their last 2 series

• Advertisement

I don’t need this stress in my life, Warriors are well on top and got control but I just see openings where Boston can come back, Curry is tired as hell, he will get his mandatory break now going into 4th but we need to keep this going and not let Boston gain any confidence

Trash !!!!!

I called this with my dumbass American friends after the 3rd, you got to respect the Celtics more than that, I know the Celtics shooting lights out like that is not normal but we got to do better.

I still have my friends telling me that we will win 4-1, it’s so delusional, zero respect !

I can’t stand Poole, overrated, can’t defend to save his life

Let's go Boston!!

Only team I can see winning 4-1 is Boston.

I didn’t expect Boston to win game 1 largely out of tiredness, physical fatigue, travel, away court etc. They’re fully set up to win it all now.

And it shouldn’t be a surprise……I rate Curry as the best player in the series, but you could argue Boston have the next 4 if not 5 best players on current form. I don’t think Tatum will play as (relatively) badly either again this series, which should counterbalance the shooting steak the Celtics went on at the start of the 4th.

Kerr’s benching of Curry shocked me. If a guy is that hot, you don’t sit him. This is the finals, if you have to play 44+ minutes you do it - look at Miami and how they used Butler. That game could have been over at half time had Curry stayed in. So strange to me.

i think GS take game 2 but barring injury i think Boston have all the momentum and should take this in 6 max. And I thought it would be GS before game 1

Yea, it seems like Bostons to loose now but there could be a few more twists before it’s all said and done.

Warriors are good at making adjustments and as much as I like iggy, not sure I want him out there with Draymond too much.

I was skeptical of the Warriors chances this season, I wasn’t sure if it was because I was comparing them against the Durant years or was I actually skeptical of them as a team all round, seems like a year too early for the lines of Kuminga, Moody and Poole to make a major impact. That leaves a lot of heavy lifting for Curry, Klay and Dray, Klay is up and down, will never be the same player, Dray is great but he just doesn’t score.

I really like this Celtics team, obviously a must win for Warriors tomorrow, I can see the Warriors get one in Boston but would still Boston in the driving seat, getting game one away is huge

• Registered Users Posts: 20,489 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Celtics in a bit of foul trouble already. The refs have been making some questionable calls to say the least

Warriors on fire tonight. Celtics need more Rob Williams in every game to have any hope.

Kind of went as I expected tonight, I don’t think any team played particularly well to be honest, I thought the Celtics did a great job early on crowding the paint and making it hard for the Warriors to get easy baskets, Warriors looked out of sorts for a bit but finally got it together and got some separation.

I think the Celtics were just happy with game 1, I still think the Warriors will take one in Boston, it might go down to the wire.

we need more from Klay, he is so inconsistent, Warriors as a whole missed a ton of lay ups, give credit to Boston for making it difficult.

I still think Boston are in a great position but would be worried if their offense starts to go down a notch, they have made some crazy shots this so series so far.

• Advertisement

I'm like a broken record but Rob Williams availability will decide who wins is my opinion. He is just so good on defense. I'd guess he will be a multiple defensive MVP winner by the time his career is done. Like he gets up to block three point attempts without fouling, he's phenomenal under the basket, steals, he does everything to a ridic level on defense.

He makes it easy for the offense, he has to be covered because he can score in the paint as well and has to be guarded closely leaving a little more room for Tatum and Brown.

Advertisement