Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,301 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Celtics by 12 at halftime and they need it as we all know what the Warriors can do in the third quarter.

Jaylen Brown was hot in the first quarter, coed off a bit in the second, he's got 22 points. Warriors D has been poor. They'd be in a worse position only for Klay Thompson whose had a really good game so far.

Four point lead for the Celtics at the end of the third, they were down by a point at one stage during the quarter.

It's going to be a real close one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Let's go Celtics! Loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Solid win by the Celtics, uphill for the Warriors now, I thought they could steal one tonight but just couldn’t keep up.

Boston are a really good team, they a far from great but very solid, their defense is impressive, the amount of lay ups the Warriors missed is criminal but the Celtics put that fear in a team because players know they might get blocked, everything is hard for the Warriors. I thought Looney could of played more, Celtics seemed to have a lot of offensive rebounds.

worried about Curry’s health now, he looked in a lot of pain when Horford (I think) landed on him.

Wiggins is getting some abuse from a lot of fans here, I really don’t get it, I think he is a scapegoat, people need to separate his contract from his role, of course he can do better at times but if how he Carrie’s himself or if he doesn’t look interested enough then that’s a you problem, he played the most minutes today, had some big plays, give the guy a break…

Also, the refs are absolutely TRASH, so tired of them dictating games, something needs to change. I don’t think they had any real impact on result, Celtics deservedly won but these refs are so bad both ways, it’s head scratching at times and Scott Foster….how is he still a ref !

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Flipping hell I'm tired this morning after that.

Thought Boston were largely in control but for a few wobbles, Game 4 becomes a must win for GS now as I don't think they can win 3 straight against this Celtics defence (bar injury of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Enjoyed Draymond after the game replying to the reporter who said that maybe he gave away GSW's X's and O's on his podcast 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 20,489 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Draymond didn't like his podcast being mentioned. At this stage he is like Rio Ferdinand in his later years when he was basically a hat sales man moonlighting as a premier league defender.

I really don't enjoy watching the Warriors. I fully appreciate their greatness but get bored watching 3's being spammed. Draymond is also a bit part of it, anything he says or does annoys me.

I can understand the Draymond part but the other part doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me, not sure how much basketball you watch, Iam obviously biased but they space the floor so well, constant movement, it’s so much more than chucking up 3s. Maybe it’s a preference thing, if you like iso ball then I get it but Iam not a big fan of wayching players like Harden dribble down the court and not make a single pass

Tonights going to be intense, Iam not super confident, we need to start better for once and not give ourselves the usual deficit to overcome.

I think Warriors will play with desperation and Dray will be intense so good chance he gets kicked out. Wiggins needs a big game, Klay needs 20+ points, hopefully Curry is healthy but Iam just not that confident, Celtics look too strong !! I expect a big game from Tatum !

• Advertisement

Celtics shooting has been awful so far. Finished the first with a one point lead. Warriors now up by five thanks to two buckets from outside by Poole in the first two and a half minutes of the second. That's the only scores in the second so far. Celtics awesome on defense, Rob Williams already has 10 rebounds.

This has Celtics written all over it, it’s so easy for them to score, Celtics up by 7 now, I can see them extending this before the half unless Curry can get rolling

Draymond is a god damn liability out there, missing layups, getting attacked non stop, not boxing out

Five point lead for the Celtics at halftime. Killing me that I have to go to bed but have a blitz in the morning so I need some sleep. ☹️

Iam sooooo mad, Warriors are totally out of sorts, ahhh well, some of the calls by the refs have been shocking, Curry couldn’t buy a call, it’s embarrassing!

Let’s fuking gooooo

Lets fuking gooooo

oh my god, I lost a few years of my life, we came through big time, Celtics kind of **** the bed a bit but we closed out so well. Benching Draymond was the turning point, he had to be benched, he was soooo bad.

Have a bunch of friends over, it’s still 90 degrees but we are celebrating big time, when you think you couldn’t love Curry anymore and he comes out with games like these

Damn, Boston threw that away but look, exciting series!

As for my dislike for the Warriors, it goes back years. I never warmed to Steph or Klay, i just prefer 90's in the paint getting physical plays. I know Steph has unreal drives and finishes but i just don't like him and have no idea why. Also, it doesn't help I'm super jealous that the Bulls can't shoot 3's for ****. I prefer inside the arc play but you need a couple of sharpshooters to make it anywhere in the playoffs. The skills from from both GS and C to hit clutch 3's with someone in their face when the Bulls can't even hit wide open looks, really sets them apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Green is having a nightmare series.

Only finished watching it now as I recorded it and got up early having avoided all social media etc to see it “fresh”.

Some thoughts:

Steph Curry, what a game. The killer mentality to stop runs and extend them, the floaters, the 3s - everything. Possibly the best game he’s ever played considering the stakes (down 2-1 finals on the road etc.). To see what he can do to the best defence the league has seen in years is just staggering - even when he doesn’t even touch the ball on a play. Also should have had at least 2 x and 1s on 3s where he was clearly fouled and made the shots anyway.

Tatum looked scared for large parts of the game. As I’ve said before (and I’m a Celtics fan), I don’t think he’s mentally tough enough. Last night Boston could have put a nail in this series and they failed. And a lot of that is on Tatum. Brown is playing considerably better than him in the Finals and you can even see from Golden State’s defensive rotations they fear him more.

Boston blew it big time. That is a terrible loss. Absolutely terrible.

4 times I counted Robert Williams going for blocks that he missed and his player had an uncontested offensive rebound and put back (8 points for free basically). I know he changes a lot of shots that aren’t blocked and gets a huge amount of blocks on top of that but sometimes you just need to rebound. You can’t block every shot. It’s a tough one to criticize because you have to appreciate the effort, but sometimes you have to be a little bit more selective in terms of what you try to block and concentrate on rebounds too.

good breakdown, I want to comment more but my last friend just left and my future wife is about to kill me I think….lol

• Advertisement

I honestly do not understand how anyone who likes basketball can dislike Steph Curry. He’s an incredible talent and a selfless teammate on and off the court. He appears as ego-less as a true superstar can be and the way he accommodated KD and congratulated him when he left (detouring on his way home from China to personally thank him) was pure class. He’s bizarrely under-rated by his peers and by lots of fans, which I simply don’t get tbh. He has changed how the game is played more than any player I’ve seen in my lifetime (incl. Jordan) and I honestly don’t think he’ll be fully appreciated until he’s retired.

I only got to watch the first half and Rob Williams was the reason we were ahead at halftime. He was immense in the first half and quite obviously didn't play as much in the second half last night.

He changes a lot when he's playing, Curry started 0-5 on three point attempts. It wasn't only Curry every Warriors player was rushing to get their shots off before he got there. I haven't seen the second half but from what you've said I'd be guessing his knee was bothering him.

Yup, he didn’t finish the game and was pulled early.

An awful first quarter offensively by the Celtics although there was signs of them getting it together towards the end of it. 27-16 Warriors.

51-39 Warriors at halftime. Celtics in real trouble. Wiggins has 14, Curry got to double figures right at the end of the quarter, he has 10. Tatum has 13 but Brown has done nothing. One of the big disparities is at the FT line where Boston are 4 of 9 while the Warriors are 8 of ten. Neither team doing much on the outside, Celtics shooting 20%, unbelievably the Warriors are worse at 17.6%. FG %, Boston 39%, Warriors 46.5.

I'm not sure if it's the Warriors defense or the Celtics offense that is causing the Celtics issues but I feel it's the Celtics offense.

Wow, huge fourth quarter coming up. Celtics looked like a different team in that third quarter. Poole drained a three at the buzzer to give the Warriors a 75-74 lead.

35 points in the third for the Celtics, they'll head into the fourth with a lot of belief.

They've concentrated all night on keeping Curry quiet and it finally seems to be paying off. Curry right now has 12:points and five assists.

Just over a minute left and the Warriors are going 3-2 up, they're up by 16.

I think you gotta put this down to experience in Championship games despite the fact that the star of the show has been Andrew Wiggins who hasn't any experience of finals.

Green turned up tonight, so did Thompson and Looney on defense.

1 win away, letssss go ! This would be the most satisfying championship yet for me if they get over the line, it would cement Curry as one of the greatest ever, Klay comeback and annoy all the Dray haters and finally give credit to Wiggins, I’ve been a broken record all year with him

Celtics unraveled a little bit tonight, I think it’s far from over but Warriors experience is coming up big time now, bring on game 6 Klay

Just finished watching it (can’t stay up midweek with work). Absolute sh*t show from Boston. Probably their worst game of the play offs and they do it when Curry has his worst shooting game. 🙄

Turnovers, stupid fouls and techs, brain fart plays, nothing from the bench and a disappearing act from some of the starters. This series could already be over and now Boston and down 3-2. I think it’s going 7 now, but just a terrible performance.

• Advertisement

Very quite in here.

Best god damn championship we have ever won, I have never been so happy. We kind of punked the Celtics, they tried to flip their way to a Championship but just didn’t have the talent. Tatum is a bit disappointing, I genuinely like him but not sure if he is elite. Boston kind of gave up at the end, it was pretty sad, delighted for Curry, I could talk for hours about him but I’ve lived here 20 years and he is just on a different level of athlete/rolemodel

Also, Iam getting married tomorrow so best weekend ever.

Advertisement