Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I always find it hilarious the way American NBA players think Europeans are soft, or go on about places like Boston or Detroit having "intimidating" atmospheres.

Anyone who says that needs to go and play in any game between Panathinaikos, Olympiacos, and PAOK, or Fenerbahce against Galatasaray.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jokic must be one of the biggest fùckers in the league along with Steven Adams. I wouldnt back either Morris to get back at Jokic this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I’ve heard a few things about Morris brother getting back at him and he won’t let this stand, saw the whole Twitter nonsense as well, such dumb crap all round. Obviously you want to defend your brother no matter how delusional it may be but the media really is stirring the pot. It’s basically a snap shop of American society as a whole, media will generate hate, that’s all they do !

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Saw this stat that since he has become a Laker LeBron has missed 63 games. In all his seasons on other teams before that he only missed 71 - and some of those were by choice.

Yea, time waits for no man, he will be 37 next month, to be fair to him, his level of consistency throughout out his career is phenomenal for the athlete he is and how he plays. I am wondering will there be a major drop off in the next year or so where he looks like a shell of himself, happens to most superstars, some will hang on but the smart ones wrap it up just in time before it becomes a little embarrassing

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It was some trouncing, and a day after a convincing win against the Clippers as well, and missing Vucevic. And all of that off the back of a very poor showing against the Warriors, great way to bounce back. They look exciting this year.

Enes Kanter really getting under LeBron's skin again with some epic trolling. He makes some very good points in fairness, and like or loathe him and his style, at least he believes in what he's saying and standing up for what he believes in.

Oh ffs, “Laker Nation” (incl. players btw) out calling for Stewart to be suspended after he takes a cheap shot from LeBron. Then LeBron acts like he has no idea what happened by putting his hands out and walking towards Stewart. Unbelievable.

Did Stewart over-react? Yes.

But this is on LeBron.

• Advertisement

Yea, it’s just going to be one of those things, LeBron fans will ignore what he did and concentrate on Stewart, it’s obvious what Stewart did wrong after the incident.

To most logical people it’s obvious what LeBron did wrong, you could argue his intentions but that’s inconsequential, he threw the elbow and caught Stewart square, it is what it is, doesn’t matter if you’re not a “dirty” player, you made a dirty play, it happens in sports but it is annoying when some media members or players act like it shouldn’t even be an issue just because it’s LeBron

Ffs I can’t believe this sh*t, it looks like a Stewart is going to get a 2 game suspension and LeBron is getting 0 per reports.

stewart needs to apologise to LeBron for smacking his eye socket into LeBron’s elbow at force. He could have hurt LeBron’s elbow!!!!

Thankfully at least some people (mainly former players) are calling it what it was - a dirty play. This “LeBron’s not a dirty player” stuff is the past and it’s irrelevant, that’s a dirty play.

Anyone who has played knows you don’t box out at and above shoulder height. He went for it - I’m not saying he meant to open him up, but he meant to hit him. No question in my mind about that.

The only angle I've seen of it has been pretty poor, and blurry, so if anyone has better videos, please share, but it looked like he took a swing to stop him holding him.

LeBron swung, and hit him on the left side of his face/his mouth, then a melee happens, and he's bleeding from above his right eye, so that damage may not have been caused by LeBron at all.

Does LeBron deserve to be ejected from the game, yes.

One game suspension, maybe.

Isaiah's reaction though is what got him a two game suspension. He repeatedly tried to start a fight, shoving players and officials out of the way, and who knows what he did when he went into the tunnel.

Watching the Knicks and Lakers replay, and they showed much better, and clearer angles of the incident. LeBron definitely caused all the damage.

It was obvious from the outset.

Point is, you don’t box out above the shoulders. It was deliberate, and over the top. Did LeBron mean to open him? No. Did he mean to hit him above the shoulders? 100%.

Of all the BS no travel calls I’ve seen in 35+ years of watching the NBA the missed call on Paul George’s game tying 3 last night is right up there. Shocking.

Mystified how Bulls are only down by 4.

Turnovers + brutal shot selection + brutal shot execution.

Wretched stuff from the Bulls tonight. The shot selection was like a trip back to the dark days of Boylen.

We've hit a wall the last week or so. Not good.

Stuck a tenner on Phoenix at 9/1 to win the championship this year. Just can't see any team beating them in a 7 game series.

• Advertisement

Memphis just beat OKC by an NBA record 73 points, without Ja Morant……

OKC are so committed to neverending tanking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

As an ex-Seattleite and Sonics fan, OKC can suffer forever and I will enjoy the schadenfreude. Be great if the fans stopped attending games and the team went bankrupt and the scumb*g owners were forced to sell.

When Kevin Durant was a 1st round draft choice (not the overall #1 - Whatever did happen to Greg Oden?) the team, which was in the middle of it's 'divorce' from the city, limited his press access and public appearances out of spite.

Now he's a HOF candidate and long gone from OKC.

Big game tonight, warriors v suns, was going to go but think I’ll go to the Xmas games instead when Klay is hopefully back

i really like the Suns team, they are so well rounded and play excellent defense, I think Ayton is the key against the warrriors, they don’t really have an answer to him. It would be impossible for Curry to play as he did against them during the week so I expect a pretty good game and great atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

His numbers at this age are absolutely ridiculous.

Unvaxxed Kyrie Irving returns to Nets... And enters the league's Covid protocols immediately. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32895227/kevin-durant-becomes-8th-brooklyn-nets-player-enter-nba-health-safety-protocol

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if Shaq got a 10 day contract somewhere.

44 from Kemba. Still the Knicks lost. Can't remember such a high score FROM a Knick in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,274 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's not that long ago that Carmelo Anthony had 60+.

• Advertisement

Advertisement