Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Denver are legit title contenders if they can stay healthy. Jokic is so good it’s scary. If he was American and on social media etc he’d be so much better known.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Jazz tanking project aint started well. Markkanen is too good

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

he looks in much better shape than he did at euro basket.

My guy Dragić surprising everyone with the Bulls. Are the Chicago Bulls back?!

Sidenote - Dallas roster is fúckin weirdly built. A load of starting/rotation forwards/centers but aside from Doncic and Dinwiddie fùck all guards?

Yeah they’re one injury away from missing the play offs tbh. If Luka goes out for 10-15 games they’re in deep doo doo.

• Advertisement

he had a great euros and to be fair I’ve always thought he’s been badly used in his previous teams. He could be a very good kid-season pick up for a contender. There’s no way Ainge will want to keep him if he keeps playing like this so he’ll be traded or benched.

They are not. Supporting the Bulls is not good for my nerves.

Post edited by hole in my lovelywall on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah that was shyte :(

Boston off to a perfect start which considering the pre-season shambles is pretty amazing.

76ers off to a shocker, Doc Rivers could be in serious trouble here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Orlando have put together a good, young, exciting squad. Unlikely to win the conference, but fancy them to make the playoffs this year.

• Advertisement

Lakers lose again. Lol.

LeBron’s post game interview was hilarious. From the outset he was “I know you want to blame Russ, but I’m not going to do that” and simply repeats variations of that for the rest do the interview. This from the guy who took a terrible 3 in the last 2 mins, AND took a turnaround fadeaway jump shot when guarded by the smallest player on the court at the time (Lillard) for the last play when he could have powered his way to the basket on a drive instead. As usual with LeBron he wants all of the credit when he wins but accepts no blame when they lose.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Bulls Celtics was a rollercoaster of emotion. Thought Bulls would get blown out after the 1st quarter to come back and win by 18. Vuc with an epic performance on his birthday!

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Been a while since I seen a play that made a whole stadium groan but my goodness that Westbrook shot in the Portland game was so so bad.

They have to send him home.

Strange game. Celtics hit with two very soft (and one very strange) ejections, Bulls with a lot of home court calls.

It was a shockingly bad shot, I’m not in any way defending it; but again, no focus on LeBron’s terrible 3 and really poor last shot selection, or Beverly’s missed 3 and his stupid flop - all 4 of those in the last 90 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Anfernee Simons was absolutely on fire for the Blazers against the Nuggets last night. 22 points in 6 minutes, including 6 threes. Fun highlights to watch.

Seriously, between sleep deprivation and the emotional rollercoasters, I won’t see the season out.

Another great win for the Bulls last night.

Back to back wins for the bulls, great to see the bench make an impact and Zach actually putting in a great performance.

Hope the Pelicans are grateful when the Lakers tank their way to getting them Wembenyama 😀

• Advertisement

Both Russ and Simmons at their comical bests this year. At least Russ deal will expire the Nets are tied up long term.

Nash out in the Nets after 7 games, so much for the management having his back. And after a win too.

Udoka already in the frame for the job - he was an assistant there before his Celtics tenure, but this smacks of KD and Kyrie picking the coach again. It’s like they as a franchise want controversy.

And with Kyrie’s tweet still hovering over them the franchise is in complete turmoil now.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for Nets to beat my Bulls tonight.

KD will have a lot to prove.

Won’t help either that Dragic called himself and Kyrie out over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

The Nets are an embarrassment.

Ayo Dosunmu is a stud.

Let's go Bulls! Not only that, I'm beaming Nets lost the first game without Nash, hope he lands on a less messed up team.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Watch the Bulls game last night. The Nets put in the hard work in the first half, apart from Kyrie who didn't score, and looked excellent but as soon as it started to go against them in the second half they stopped working hard defensively.

Nets will never win anything with that attitude. I'm not taking away from the Bulls by saying that, they just work very hard for each other. They could be serious contenders.

Lakers would want a long hard look at themselves if they think taking on Kyrie will result in anything but a few wins but ultimately, hardship.

• Advertisement

Is there a worse “analyst” than Perk? He talks an incredible amount of sh*t. How he got his job I’ll never know, it’s not like he was a good, let alone star player.

Advertisement