Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

Denver winning easily versus the Timberwolves but will be going in untested against either the Sun's/Clippers which is not ideal.

Celtics will be happiest after the first round of eastern match ups... For the Heat Jimmy Butler can always step it up in the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Westbrook with the most influential 3 for 19 game you will ever see

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Absolute menace, i love it! Let's go Brodie!! Cherry on top making Booker cry at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

fell asleep after the first game, but results and injuries have made things interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

LeBron relegated to a spot up shooter role while Austin Reaves went to work 😅

• Advertisement

They don't have much variety in their offensive sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I mean that’s maybe somewhat true to an extent, but it’s much more the focus / intensity. We saw that the last couple of weeks of the regular season, where they had very flat stretches against inferior opponents. It was more level yesterday, but there’s still a sense that they just take possessions off, particularly once they establish a lead.

Like three / four possession stretches where they settle for a bad look early in the shot clock without any energy or intent to run a concept properly.

This is beyond the normal ebb and flow of NBA games - teams always have runs. It’s a noticeable variation of their energy and intensity imo, particularly when they get a few scores ahead.

Important game for Golden State tonight, it's not a must win but if they want to make this series much easier for themselves they would need to take this one tonight.

Their defensive cohesion is not as good as last year due to the absence of Wiggins and GP 2 for much of the year.

Market trend strongly in favour of GS. Line opened at evens and has moved to GS -2

Well, well. That puts the cat amongst the pigeons. Kings were ahead for most of that, inspite of running really cold from 3. Lots of hunger, physicality and the clutch to close it out. Wild atmosphere.

Green getting owned out of the game kinda summed it up for the Warriors. They have questions to answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Kings do it again. Great team effort and Fox had an outstanding night again.

2-0 up, they will be moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

After that stomp and Draymond Green's antics with the crowd I really don't want to see the warriors win the playoffs. Hopefully Sac can see this through or the lakers beat them in the second round.

Kings had an offensive rating of 153 after Green was ejected. Looney was on 5 fouls so couldn’t really defend.

Also Poole was awful. Bad night for GS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Fair play to the Kings, they are the better team, Curry looked very tired carrying this team. Kings were very physical and full of hunger, don’t even know what to say about Draymond, what can you say at this point, takes the bait every time.

Hope Sabonis lives also, looked like he got shot…lol Would be very surprised to see Warriors come back in this one, iam honestly more worried about a sweep at this point, Poole is such a waste of money, he might hurt us for a while

Curry has been very good in both games imo. Just been asked to do too much. His jumper hasn’t been up to his usual standards but he’s making great plays off the drive and lots of clutch finishes at the rim. Brought it in both 4th quarters.

Not ideal for him to be playing 40 minutes and the defensive structure around Curry requires Draymond / Looney / Wiggins to all stay out of foul trouble and be available.

But I wouldn’t see much to criticise about his play tbh.

Have not seen the Sac / GSW games but is it fair to now say that Sac are legit?

@LuckyLloyd - Imagine if Lakers get past Memphis and have to face Sacramento. The media will go crazy for a 2001 - 2002 revenge narrative! 😄

If the Lakers make the next round there will be no shortage of narratives, for either opponent!

Sacramento look very complete. They won while shooting very poorly at all three levels.

They put a huge amount of pressure on the perimeter against Steph, doubling him often and denying rhythm by often contesting the inbound pass. Mike Brown obviously knows his opponents here as well as anyone and has put their offense under a lot of pressure. The big question they are asking of GS is whether 4 on 3 with Thompson Wiggins is all so dangerous. But they are just so well coached and so flexible in how they adapt in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Draymond rapidly (d)evolving into a discount PatBev was unexpected!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Good win for Sacramento, really makes this a series.

On the Draymond ejection, I have a little bit of smpathy for him for once. The refs had no choice to eject him, but you can't be holding players by the ankle - that in itself is a dangerous/dirty play. I haven't checked but will be interesting to see if he gets a suspension on top of it.

On the Lakers, they played Minnesota without 3 of their first 7 players to scrape in to the Play Offs and then played Memphis without 2 of their first 7, who then went on to lose Ja in game. They really are getting all the luck they can so far. Even if they beat Memphis, I can't see them advancing past either Sacramento of GS in the next round.

Saw a stat today that Westbrook has had 2 career 3 for 19 Play Off games and his team have won both games. Couldn't happen for any other star to be fair.

• Advertisement

Meant to post these before the Play Offs started but here's my 1st Round predictions (promise I haven't altered them based on Game 1 results!):

East

Boston v Atlanta

4-0

Milwaukee V Miami

4-1

76ers v Nets

4-1

Cavs v Knicks

4-3

West:

Denver v Minnesota

4-1

Memphis v Lakers

4-2

Sacramento v GS

3-4

Phoenix v Clippers

4-2

The Milwaukee and Memphis predictions go out the window if Giannis and Ja are injured.

Here are my predictions going by first games as well

East

Celtics v Atlanta

4-0

Milwaukee V Heat

4-2

76rs v Nets

4-1

Cavs v Knicks

3-4

West:

Denver v Minnesota

4-0

Grizzlies v Lakers

1-4

Sacramento v Golden State

4-3

Suns v Clippers

4-3

Think it will be a Lakers vs Celtics finals which will be a dream for the American sport channels and NBA

His scoring was off but every other part of his game was excellent. It's the best I've seen him play in a long time.

The Lakers haven't a hope of getting to the finals. The Nuggets will destroy them if they meet up, the Suns too and the Kings are really good as well.

Celtics don't have an easy path either with the bucks and sixers as two legit teams. I hope the Celtics do it but they need everybody to stay healthy.

Not a chance in hell the Lakers make it unless they continue to play teams missing half their rosters.

If Robert Williams stays healthy I see the Celtics winning a very tough East, whoever wins the East wins it all this year IMO.

I agree with you about the Celtics but I think the Lakers have the "right side" of the draw as they have a slightly weakened Memphis team and possibly Sacramento or Warriors in the western semi finals.

Then you are playing a Denver team or the Suns or Clippers who will have gone through a one to two tough series in all likelihood ....I also put some money on the the Lakers back in November when they were in turmoil to win it all so I could be just slightly biased :)

@eagle eye and @Butters Who wins MVP if Celtics win it all...Tatum or Brown?...who is your pick to come out of the west?

• Advertisement

Nice win for the Celtics. White has gone to a different level of late which takes pressure off Tatum and Brown. Brogdan is such a great addition off the bench too.

Williams is such a great one too. He didn't have much opportunity to impress on defense tonight but went 4 of 5 for 8 points. That's 9 of 10 in the last two games.

Very few fouls, Brogdan and Williams with two each, Tatum, Smart, White and Hauser with one each.

I won't stay up for any more games in this round as there's no worries now about whose going through.

Advertisement