Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

If only someone had said the key to series was Davis before the series started. Oh…wait….

• Registered Users Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Like the Memphis series, Lakers need to find a way Monday night. They’ll get GS’s best swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,290 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lol, I do that a lot. 😁

The amount of times I've called Steve Kerr Nash.

And I don't know why. I seen Kerr playing loads of times for the Bulls. He was an excellent three point shooter.

Edit to add; I seen him loads of times on TV, seen him live five times in Boston.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

god damn that was so frustrating, we had them right where we wanted them, I think we were up by 10 or more then then wheels came off, I honestly don’t think the lakers played that well, Warriors were absolutely trash, no idea why to do with Poole, he a good when he drives and kicks or finishes but he seems to think he is Curry, I really can’t stand him. I think the Warriors are a better team but it’s a bad matchup and we are my favorite playing good

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

The Heat looked a much better team than the Knicks last night...The Knicks were very sloppy and their over reliance on Brunson to create and score is a big problem when Randle is not getting offensive rebounds or getting any joy posting up..Heat look like they are going to get a gentlemen sweep in that series

Warrior completely fell apart in the 2nd quarter after the Curry/Thompson turnover..The game on Monday is huge and the Lakers even could rest AD and Lebron so it's a big ask for the Warriors to not go down 3-1

I expect Denver to win tonight I just don't think Payne can provide anywhere near the leadership CP3 can it's going to take another huge two performances from Booker and Durant to stop this series from being almost out of sight ...

I think Bawston and the Nuggs are going 3-1 tonight.

I've gone for Durant, Embiid, Jokic and Tatum all over 24.5pts. Who's going to let me down?

I'm thinking Embiid...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

Funny enough I think it could be Tatum that lets you down there :O

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Looking forward to the Celtics match. Nice to watch at a good time, and not half pissed the wrong side of midnight

• Advertisement

Jaylen Brown is playing ok….. 🤣

LET'S GO PHILLY!!!!

Boston playing some dumb offensive basketball right now. Some very poor shot selections, esp. from 3.

Tatum is anonymous, Philly well worth their lead.

Having watched this whole game I wm shocked Boston are leading, Philly should really have put this game to bed long ago.

If Philly lose this they only have themselves to blame.

Horford with 2 blocks on consecutive possessions on Embiid there, then Boston hit 3s on each subsequent possession. If they win this game they’re the plays of the game.

Big play by Harden, Smart missing a wide open 3 for the game and we’re off to overtime.

That’s a very marginal call. I think Smart leaned very slightly there.

Now that is a crap call there.

Oh Jesus Boston wtf?

Last possession in regular and OT and you take no time out to run a play (he’s done this all year btw, this is not new). Then you get a winning 3 off….after the buzzer. SHOCKING.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Harden willed that. Wanted it more.

I'm just about settled down now after that. An absolutely terrible end to it as a Celtics fan

No excuse for not getting off a shot there. It's on Tatum, he had the opportunity to go for the basket and would likely have been fouled.

Anyway back to Boston and hopefully we can take that game and have two shots to win it.

Ayton with three offensive rebounds in the first 39 seconds haha

Lol Jokic vs Durant in the paint.

Mind-blowing stuff from Jokic and Booker.

I remember Jordan scoring 63 in a playoff loss to the Celtics many years ago.

I can't remember anyone else scoring 50+ in a loss. I'm sure there's been a couple but I just can't remember them.

They are starting to come to me now. Murray against the Jazz, Ray Allen against the Bulls and LBJ against the Warriors.

Lillard got 55 with 10 assists on obscene shooting % vs. Nug. Set the most three pointers in a playoff game record too. He was a cheat code that game - an all time great playoff performance.

Lebron had a 50+ game loss against the Warriors one of the years.

Westbrook had a 50+ triple double one year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Interesting evening of games, as frustrating as Harden can be, he showed up big time, I like Tatum but I’ve never seen him as a superstar, he s obviously great but just that level below “superstar”, whatever that means.

Phoenix obviously heavily relying on Duran and Booker, not much you can do when they combine for 70 or 80 points in a game, great games though.

Huge game for Warriors, I feel like Kerr needs to make that call with Poole, he is toxic on the floor, I hate watching him play right now, he is delusional, how he thinks he should be taking the same types f shots as Curry is beyond me, then he tries these dribbles in traffic and constantly turns it over, drives me crazy and Iam sure it drives the players crazy, there is an issue with Kuminga also and his attitude, not a good sign for the series

• Advertisement

I’m seeing reports now the league are considering suspending Jokic for pushing Ishbia. If they do that it will be the most ridiculous decision - and I don’t say this lightly - since the time they suspended all those Suns players for entering the court when Horry clocked Nash.

They should be suspending Ishbia ffs and rescinding the technical, not looking to punish Jokic further. The players come first, not fans or owners.

Advertisement