Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,684 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He'll definitely gain weight (though right now it's not even advisable for him to put on much muscle as he's still growing).

Giannis has put on 50lbs since being drafted, I don't think Wemby needs to bulk up quite as much seeing as he plays a less physical game to Giannis and can actually shoot.

I've also seen a lot of suggestions that he'll be playing the 4 more than the 5, at least to start his career. Putting him next to a legitimate heavy rim protecting screen-setting Center could help offset any physical worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bulls sl have a 1 percent chance at 1 pick.... so you're telling me there's a chance!

For his own sake, I hope he ends up in San Antonio.

I'll be happy if Portland can jump into the top 4, dropping to 6 or 7 will really hurt.

• Advertisement

Doc Rivers sacked

He'll still somehow find himself leading an NBA team come October though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have to say that if Scoot Henderson was four inches taller he'd be my no.1. I think he'll have a great career but his height will hurt him.

Wembanyama is obviously a generational talent. Like others I think he has to bulk up to avoid injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

I've seen comps to Westbrook (similar height and athleticism) so I wouldn't write him off yet. Though I'll admit that prime Westbrook is quite a high ceiling...

Scoot would be #1 at his current height in a lot of drafts, it's not a mark against him that Wemby is a freak.

Whoever gets second is getting one hell of a consolation prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah I defo don't see him as an NBA center. Definitely the 4 to start maybe even some time at the 3 to create a mismatch.

• Advertisement

Wemby has so much hype about him, he'll definitely have a big target on his back the first season at least. Hope he can come in and make a big impact but must be an awful lot of pressure on him the way teams are hounding for him.

Yeah they should send him to a team who already has a star vet to mentor him and take some pressure off....

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 36,313 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You'll think this is strange (and I accept they wouldn't do it), but if Portland binked Wemby they probably would be correct to trade Dame. I know, I know, counterintuitive and all. But the best thing they could do would be clear the decks around him and build the roster to support his development. If you keep Dame it's a situation that comes loaded with expectations and when Wemby is getting ready to be that guy Dame will probably be a negative player on a huge contract.

I totally agree I think it's the right move, but I think they keep Dame for at least one year, even knowing it'll hurt his trade value, because of what he means to the franchise.

It's 2023 and they couldn't even get a GoPro? 😂 Just having the kid dunking while he holds a phone in front of his face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

all this hype reminds me of Zion and look how that turned out (so far). and Zion was way more hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Doc fired. No surprise.

By the way folks, none of you must watch college basketball because Henderson is not a lock at 2 by any means. Depending on who is picking second, don’t be surprised to see Miller taken over Henderson.

If he was 6 inches taller he’d still be going somewhere after Wemby. I wrote a long piece on him earlier but it didn’t post. He is hands down the best talent to enter the league in decades, and potentially ever.

I’m in bed and reading but will repost what I typed earlier later if I don’t fall asleep.

• Advertisement

Wouldn’t bank on it this time. It’s 15 years since he won a championship. The game has evolved and he’s still coaching the same way (i.e. badly). That Celtics team won because of the players, not Doc. Not saying he had zero impact but the players overwhelmingly called the shots.

He’s running out of chances.

I see The Ringer had a podcast last week with Austin asking him about coaching in the NBA. I’ll listen to, read, or watch almost anything basketball related. I won’t be listening to that however.

Nightmare coaching ticket - Doc as head coach and Austin as an assistant.

Zion was hype on social media because of the dunking. Wemby’s hype is with players, scouts, and coaches. There’s a difference.

i’m saying this now - before he even enters the league - don’t be shocked if he’s an All Star as a rookie.

AND WITH 3RD PICK OF THE 2023 NBA draft...

The Chicago Bulls keep their pick.

And waste it.

I’m heading to bed, too tired to retype my Wemby post. Hope he goes to San An and gets to develop under Pop. ‘til tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

No.1 pick to the spurs 😮😮😮😮

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

Trailblazers have huge decision to make with no 3 pick 😳

Jokic is just ridiculous. 2.29 left in the first and he has 12 rebounds, 5 assists and 8 points.

He could have a triple double by halftime.

Reminds me of Tim Duncan back in the day coming in with similar pressure on him but had Popovich and David Robinson to mentor him. It all worked out very well.

• Advertisement

Jokic has 19 points, 16 rebounds, 7 assists and 2 blocks in the first. Murray has 17 points, Brown 14 off the bench, Porter 10 and Gordon 8. Nuggets lead by 18.

It's not like none of the Lakers are playing. AD has 18 points but he's getting dominated by Jokic on rebounds, he only has 2. LeBron has 11 points and 8 assists. Hachimura has 9 points off the bench.

Advertisement