Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Zombie Heat continue…lol That was a weird game, Iam not saying anything mind blowing here but with around 8 mins left I turned to my friends and said, I guarantee the Heat win this, just had that feeling that Boston didn’t have enough, you then poke the bear and he closes you out. Iam sure there are plenty of x’s&o’s that people with a far greater knowledge than me will point out but to the simple sports mind, Celtics coach will be gone after this series unless there is a big turnaround and Tatum…., I just don’t know about him. Celtics look to be ruining their chances of a title, the window may be closing

• Registered Users Posts: 36,313 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You only get so many chances alright. This Heat team sure have “it” and I’d agree there is an intangible component to this stuff. Celtics have lost so many series over the years to teams they really shouldn’t have.

Jimmy Buckets is just a God. What a ridiculous playoffs.

You don’t need to imagine anything. Jordan spent his age 38 season as an inefficient chucker who couldn’t make the playoffs and wasn’t selected as all NBA.

Someone will have to explain why Grant Williams was allowed to get owned one on one by Butler in space for as long as he was in the 4th quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well that’s over now. Maybe it takes 5 or 6 games but psychologically esp. (but also physically) Boston are being beaten up. They’re being outrebounded by a smaller team who just want it more. The Heat have alpha males, Boston don’t.

The moment that sums up the whole series was Jimmy Butler just laughing at Grant Williams after Williams hit the 3 and tried to start talking 💩 to him. The Heat are in their heads now, it’s over. It’s just a matter of time.

I’m just shocked. Shocked that Boston have put themselves in this position. Losing Game 1 was bad enough but somewhat understandable considering the psychological high of Game 7 v 76ers. They have a better and deeper roster. The Heat scraped into the Play Offs. They lost to Atlanta and looked like they were about to lose to Chicago. Atlanta beat them up on the boards - the game plan is so bloody obvious. And yet here we are.

Boston are being outmuscled, outcoached, and outplayed - and it’s not just the Butler; the Miami role players are outperforming their Boston equivalents too.

Last Sunday after Boston won G7 I discussed going to a Finals Game with the OH - it was a bucket list thing. That’s out the window now too.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

He did.

Read his other posts over the last few days. Comedy gold.

LuckyLloyd: Mamma, there goes that man.

LL is the Mark Jackson of boards.ie

I know yeah. Turns out you need the right GM, coach and players like Pippen around you. Who knew?

So to answer your original post: you don’t need to imagine Jordan relying on the help of the players around him. We saw what happened when it wasn’t forthcoming.

• Advertisement

LeBron handpicked his roster. Austin Reeves carried him. Respect it. No shame in a 38 year old being carried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

Do the lakers not have a proper guard. Every ball is in lebrons hands early in the play a lot of the time

Poor call on that block. Looked perfect

REPORT: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are expected to mentor Victor Wembanyama, via @TheSteinLine.

Plus Pop. Wemby couldn't have landed anywhere better.

Think it’ll be leExit shortly tbh.

I’m a bulls guy like yourself. Any reason at all for optimism in the coming years. I thought we’d make a run in playoffs at start of season. Just so soft though. Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Right, you never see me saying these things but the Nuggets are getting screwed by the officials. Early in the third quarter they appealed a foul which would have put Jokic on four. The replays showed there was minimal contact with the leg of AD as Jokic was going down but before the legs made contact Gordon pushed AD so it was clearly a foul on Gordon but the officials deemed that the leg contact was enough and the call stood and that forced Jokic out of the game for the rest of the third quarter.

Just a short time ago they called a foul on Murray which was a good block and no foul. That's just two of about five dodgy calls in the second half against the Nuggets. Another was Caldwell-Pope planting his feet and James barrels into him gets the basket and the foul.

And the Nuggets still get back in front by 8 despite the officials.

Lakers look done for tonight. Not getting near the paint last 5 mins

Like how do the officials discern a foul these days. Looks impossible without a replay most plays.

• Advertisement

Without being OTT, I personally can't think of a single one. I think we're fucked for at least this decade.

Building the franchise around LaVine was a disastrous decision, and I'm not saying that in hindsight, I said it at the time. I never saw him as a franchise player.

Looking at the younger players, I like Ayo but can't see him developing into a franchise player. Only for we wasted a 4th pick on Patrick Williams he'd have been out the door long ago, he's a million miles away from what we hoped.

Our only hope is if some GM goes bonkers and gives us a mad package for LaVine.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jokic had a quiet first half, missed most if the third but came back in fresh in the fourth and had 15 points to go along with 6 rebounds and 8 assists. 24 points total. Murray had 37 points, Caldwell-Pope 17, Porter jr 14 and Brien 15.

119-108 final score, this series is over soon.

Lavine is just so frustrating to watch. Derozan has bedn a good s Brant over his couple of years but there’s so much lacking in that team. It’ll be interesting to see how the go about strengthening. They’ll do feck all I reckon.

This season summed us up perfectly I think.

Not good enough to challenge but we invested too much to tank for Wemby.

Looks like we're interested in trading into the draft so who knows lol.

For the Blazers fans about...

If ye trade the 3rd pick, anything in the Bulls ye'd be interested in?

LL’s synopsis of the series so far:

The King has absolutely dominated this series, making a mockery of the so-called MVP on both ends of the court. Mentally and physically, the Nuggets have no answer for LeBron James, a player whose bad games are better than Michael Jordan at his best. Last night in particular was real “men against boys” stuff, had it been a boxing match it would have been stopped - early.

Despite some flagrant and dirty plays from the nasty European White Guy - like when he threw LeBron from the free throw line into the crowd in Game 2 in a clear attempt to paralyse him for life, LeBron has once again risen above the petty actions of others and not at any stage relied on his reputation to curry favour with the referees and get a cheap call here or there. Of the many things to admire about LeBron is the fact that he never in his life flopped or embellished a foul, something that would be easy for him to do given his slight frame.

Try as they may, the Nuggets limp offensive play cannot cope with the defensive mastery of the King. LeBron had also been on fire offensively, particularly from 3 and particularly in the 4th quarter. Indeed LeBron had graciously decided to only shoot so many 3s in each game as he doesn’t want to end the careers of the Nuggets coaching staff so he switches things up with some alternate shooting.

His passing has been equally impressive. I think it’s fair to say that if he wanted to, not only would be break the Play Off scoring record for a series, but also the passing record. And he’d do both in one game if he really wanted to.

As for rebounding, it was interesting see the Lakers lead statistician make the post game injury list last night. I have it on good authority that he sprained his wrist mid-game filling in King James stat sheet.

This series is over, The King has ensured that. Denver should just throw in the towel at this stage and give up. And that’s with LeBron playing 1 on 5! Imagine if he had any teammates!

What’s the score? Oh, Denver lead the series 3-0.

Denver are very good at shooting the basketball and the Lakers are not, it’s that simple. Been 3 good games but Denver are the better team.

Given the series is now unwinnable LeBron and AD may pack it up game 4. Denver will be very tough to beat in the finals.

Butters you need to submit an invoice to Klutch for rent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,817 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fair play Lakers, they've been putting up a good fight and no one expected them to get to conference finals, let alone the playoffs. I was rooting for Celtics at the start but I'd love to see a Nuggets Heat final and i honestly wouldn't be sure who I'd want to win, bit Jokic and Jimmy deserve it so much.

In other news, white men can't jump is out on digital. It's at a 4.3 on imdb and being called the worst remake ever, sounds about right from the trailer i watched.

Advertisement