Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

The most predictable firing ever, Vogel out after getting a near impossible team to coach shoved down his throat.

As good as LeBron is, there is a pattern where when things aren’t working out towards the end, the coach gets fired and people start getting thrown under the bus with LeBron driving it..lol

Vogel will be snapped up

I’ve been on vacation so haven’t paid too much attention the past week but some of the nonsense I’ve just watched is hilarious.

Delighted to see the Lakers circus unraveling, Rob Pelinka not exactly coming out on too here, very disrespectful to leak the Vogel firing before telling the man himself, one could argue everyone knew the deal but still classless.

LeBron doing the usual playing dumb card as if everything was out of his control.

Then Westbrook acting like he has no idea what Vogel’s problem was with him, he really can’t be that delusional on how he has played this year, granted the Lakers should never of signed him, just a bad fit but he never tried to adapt, some horrendous performances. I really can’t see how any team would trade for him now, he is just not a good fit for teams, even if you wanted to dump some contracts and have him somewhere to engage the fans while rebuilding, it would be hard to develop young talent while he is on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yup, and the blame game has started already in a big way. As a Celtics fan, it's hilarious......and only made even more hilarious by the news this morning that they are considering Mark Jackson as their next coach. PLEASE DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sweet baby Jebus please let them hire Mark Jackson, it would be amazing.

• Advertisement

It honestly would be the funniest sh*t ever, and LeBron has already said he approves! I don’t ask for much, but if this happens I will never ask for anything ever again.

#grateful #blessed #LakerNation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Corvo

So who do we fancy from the Raptors/76ers match-up? Think there is a lot of pressure on Harden. Embild will get his regardless, but all eyes of the media on Harden.

Also - for anyone that listens to the Bill Simmons podcast, I howled laughing when they discussed Herb Jones and Bill goes "F*CK JALEN GREEN" out of basically nowhere. Houston media giving him an awful time over it (he meant f*ck Jalen Green as in his inclusion to the Rookie Team, not personally but Houston have taken it that way!)

Should be the sixers all day long but Iam not a fan of Harden, he tends to disappear when really needed but Embilds on a different level now.

I listen to that Podcast all the time and heard the **** Jalen Green joke, I love Bill Simmons, his variety of podcasts are a breath of fresh air compared to mainstream productions, I love how he is a fan first almost and commentator second, he comes across as honest and fair, obviously he has to play the game to a certain extent but he will call out players all the time, especially LeBron the past few seasons

Playoffs baby, let’s go Dubs !!

This Boston Brooklyn game is absolutely fantastic. Proper ass basketball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I had a dream last night that the Bulls won game 1 against the Bucks. I'm afraid a dream is all it will be..

This is a really great game. Best and most competitive game I’ve seen in a long time.

Man, that would be sweet. If we make it out of the first round I'll be beaming!

Nets and Celtics is cracking!

Holy **** ****, what an unreal ending to nets Celtics!!!

Playoffs baby, let’s go Dubs !!

But what a game right there, that’s proper good playoff basketball.

How good is Kyrie when on form, it would of been sickening to Celtic fans to lose to him like that but they they never gave up and made a lovely simple laynn the end

When Kyrie hit that 3 with 45 seconds to go I honestly thought that was game. That last play was broken basketball at its finest, great patience shown to make the final pass. I’d be gutted if I was a nets fan after that tbh. Great series ahead but the nets look a lot better than I expected tbh.

Might be an early night for me after all!

DeRozan miles off with two midrangers...

**** me, we haven't even hit the rim with most of our shots so far...

• Advertisement

Jesus, this is tough to watch.

Lopez bullying us all over.

Shocked bulls have taken the lead going into the end of the 3rd!

Some atrocious shooting from both sides but the amount of bulls misses was cringeworthy.

Closer than i thought it would be.

Listening to Simmons now, that’s the first ever play off buzzer beater in Celtics history in over 300 games. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Corvo

That Marcus Smart pump fake was a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,274 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jimmy Butler on fire tonight. 45 points nearing the end of the game.

Nets up by 10 at the half but from watching it you'd think they should be up by thirty. Celtic very poor on offense but very good on defense. Horford has been outstanding. Gotta think this one will completely flip in the second half now.

Unbelievable defense from Boston, they are five down with a very poor offensive performance. If they click in the fourth quarter on offense they could win it by twenty.

• Advertisement

Boston win it by seven. Got the offense working in the fourth. I've never seen Durant locked down as much as he was tonight.

Boston could go all the way with Williams due back to enhance that defense even more. Problem is their offense, if they can be a little more consistent there I think they'll go all the way.

Post edited by eagle eye on

Advertisement