Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

How is that trying to draw a reaction? I asked him had he any thoughts on the game last night (Game 3 of the NBA Finals) - which considering the thread (NBA 2022/3 season thread) is the appropriate place to do so. We (thankfully) don't have a Basketball Gossip thread - if anything the posters talking about alleged sexual exploits/deviancy etc. should have their posts and comments sanctioned for being off topic.

Surely we can ask what posters felt about the most important game in the series so far?

Bill Simmons with some flat out trolling of Mark Jackson's Jokic commentary from last nbgiht;'s game on his podcast today. I'm really glad people are calling this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Looking forward to listening to that one, it’s so bewildering how the likes of Jackson and Perkins keep on getting big platforms like this, maybe Iam hating a bit too much but my god who can honestly enjoy the likes of these two.

Next game is obviously key, Denver win and it’s pretty much over one would think, if Miami manage to pull it out then it will add a bit of pressure on Denver and Butler can pull out one or two of those games he always has in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Have to agree, I don't see anything in the form of baiting or trolling there. It seemed to me like a genuine question. An on topic question.

Ahh come on lads, we all know what he was doing because I wanted to do it myself…lol. It was only a harmless jab, don’t want to derail it any further but it’s like Draymond Green saying, that was the natural motion of my leg when he kicked players in the balls,lol. They probably deserved it but it is what it is

• Advertisement

Oh come on, we know they're both "diversity" hires. I'm all for diversity but not over ability. Regardless of skin colour you should be qualified for the job, deserve the job, and be capable of doing it.

The worst part of any diversity hire is you can't retract it, as any sacking of those clowns would see the race card dealt immediately. But yet they're free to engage in race-baiting of white players with zero consequences. Both of these clowns have said outrageous things about Jokic because he's white. If a white analyst said what they said about a black player they'd be cancelled instantly, but these two and many others are given a pass. It's crazy.

Nope, wasn't doing that. I'm genuinely interested to hear his thoughts. Now whether I'll agree with this or not is another matter, but I do want to hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Corvo

If one thing unites this community, it’s our bewilderment of Mark Jackson.

There was someone during the week that called out Perkins on Jokic and his opinion being swayed because he’s white. Can’t remember who it was, I’ll have to look it up.

Perk has said the following (and more, but here’s a selection):

He only got MVP votes because he’s white.

He’s the worst MVP in league history.

He’s not even in my Top 10 current players.

Personally I couldn't care less about the opinions of commentators. All.thst matters to me is the game and the performance of the players.

• Advertisement

Nuggets keep threatening to pull away and Miami peg them back. Something's gotta give. Unfortunately I have to go to bed as I've an early morning. ☹️

Denver to close it out tonight. Jokic MVP.

Hopefully this link works:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtUPMNwONCe/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

A good summation of how some people feel.

Well done Denver, commentators being extra annoying tonight, very negative on some of Miamis plays, Jesus give them a break, they over achieved as it is

I wonder what the critics will say about Jokic now, absolutely sensational player and Murray has been an excellent sidekick, they could be a force for a few years if they improve their bench

• Registered Users Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Denver. No complaints, well deserved and Jokic is a beast.

And thank you Heat for another rollacoster season like few years ago. Just a pity come finals we could not have been bit more competive but having supported them for thirty odd years, been lucky to see good times after poor ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So happy for Jokic (the true MVP) and the Nuggets. Also, huge congrats to Miami winning ECF. Pity people have to put a negative on anything from that series.

Now, let's see what kind of moves are made in the offseason.

Just couldn’t stay up again but delighted for Denver. 16-4 is one hell of a record for a championship,

if they stay healthy this should be their first of a few championships at least. You could legitimately argue that had Murray not gotten injured a couple of years ago this wouldn’t be their first,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Porter Jr. aswell.

Their roster decimated last year.

• Advertisement

Apologies, meant to include that too.

Everyone bar Brown and Green are under contract for at least 2 more years. It'll be hard to look past them for the next few years - barring injury they'll be there or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Incredible from Jokic and expect Denver to be pushing for the Finals next year too, the West needs to step up their game because nobody really got close to them.

Rumours that the Pelicans are interested in acquiring the 2/3 pick in the draft, there's no way they're making a trade like that happen without losing one of Zion or Ingram. If Portland are insistent on trading the pick to build around Dame then I can't think of a better addition than either of those two.

Yeah, if they can hang on to Jokic, Murray, Gordon and Brown off the bench they have a great chance to repeat I think.

I think it would be a good idea to move Zion now, he still has high value despite everything and Iam not sure if he will be successful there long term, cash in now and get as many assets and picks as you can.

Yeah trading for him is a gamble but if he ever gets healthy he's an untouchable asset and a Top 10 player in the league. Imo he's Portland's best option as he's the only available player who could truly make them a Finals contender and he's young enough to play long after Dame is finished too.

Obviously his health is a big concern but teams don't trade flawless players, he's still the best option available. Also it's not like the #3 pick is guaranteed to be a hit, there's a good chance Scoot/Miller just aren't as good as projected too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

A lot of the hype seems to be based on Charlotte taking Miller and letting Scoot drop.

Be kinda funny if afterwards Charlotte DID take Scoot on draft day.

I don't understand the talk of Charlotte taking Miller, they should take Scoot 100% imo...but I also don't know why there's so much talk of them taking Miller.

They have free run at Scoot, there's no need for smokescreens, but even their own reporters aren't sure on who they're selecting.

Portland's trade power is partially determined by who Charlotte take too.

Think we could have a very interesting draft night.

Anyone else feel a bit sad about the lack of general hype/appreciation for Denver and Jokic in the main stream media, imagine if LeBron won or even Curry to a lesser extent, it would be non stop, I guess it’s the nature of the beast but still a bit disappointing

It's natural, Denver is a medium sized market and the Yanks hate to see Europeans doing well.

As you say, it's the nature of the beast and definitely disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved his parade speech. "I know i said i don't want to stay at parade but i **** want to stay at parade" :D

Advertisement