Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Letssss goooo

what a game, we had no business winning that

I honestly thought the refs were a joke, blowing whistles all day long but when they had to make a call at the end for the out of bounds when it came off a Memphis player, they all looked at each like it was the first time they ever met and couldn’t make the call so did a jump ball, it was bizarre, I thought it would of been reviewed since there was less than 2 mins left

Post edited by Carcharodon on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, like just look at a replay for feck sake, very weird. Great play by Ja at the end, very unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It was a great game to watch and will likely be a great series, great to see both sides playing run and gun small ball.

I wouldn’t have been surprised if goal tending was called on the Payton backboard slap - and it was a big slap. That really is something that should be called more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

good win for the Celtics, the difference this match they scored almost 50% of their 3's. Not sure how sustainable that is. The bucks scored with relative ease as well, plus put a few of the Celtics in foul trouble. They only really played with a 7 man rotation last night as well. Things will have to go very right for them to progress I think.

Also watched the first bit of the Grizzlies/Warriors match. The Grizzlies were playing very 'robustly' !! What ever it takes to win !!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,496 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The Celtics will get better and better as the series goes on. They'll shut down Giannis in one of the next two games.

• Advertisement

Not sure if you watched 2nd game, it was very physical, the foul on Payton was pretty bad, I don’t think it was disgraceful but bad all the same, him suffering that injury was extremely unfortunate also, on a personal level to him but he was a big enough piece of warriors defence on Morant, not saying he would stop him but definitely an option. We didn’t seem to have any way to stop him, Klay has lost that step to keep up with elite players.

I think the Warriors will adapt and try and trap Morant more, they just need to throw different things at him. Overall I think this series might go down to the wire but ultimately confident the Warriors are still better, not sure if Memphis have enough yet but could be wrong.

I think Celtics look really good and came back well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The problem with shutting him down is that the refs are ridiculous in their treatment of him. Against the bulls you couldn't look crooked at him but it was a foul, but he was like a bull in china shop going for the rim and refs just would not call anything, it was farcical. You can't shut someone down if the rules don't apply to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, you either try take the charge and risk injury and there will only be a 10% chance of ref even calling it anyway, very frustrating. Saying that, I'm biased. I really hope the Bulls can get their hands on a paint beast this summer who can push back.

thought that in the second game. Big Rob Williams and Al Horford both went to 5 fouls I believe. Daniel Theis did not play. Not sure was that tactical. Anyhow, Giannis seemed to have free reign to attack the basket anyway he wanted. I can see this getting worse on their home court.

• Advertisement

Boston really blew that last night, so many chances to win in the last minute alone.

The Poole/Ja thing is interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player grab another player’s knee like that. I’d be pretty pissed if someone did that to me in a game. I think it was more reflexive that dirty, but I think that’s going to have to be made a flagrant the same way stepping into the landing zone is as there’s just too much injury risk attached.

That said, the call to give Smart 2 free throws instead of 3 was utter BS. One of the worst calls I’ve seen in a long time considering the importance of getting it right.

The refs have been absolutely garbage in these playoffs, they shouldn’t be influencing games this much

There’s been some horrendous officiating across most of the series but that call was the worst of all the bad calls so far as it’s a game deciding play. Inexcusable IMO. Hope the match report hammers them for it.

Philly have been opening up a ten point lead all night and the Heat get it back close and rinse and repeat. Sixers have opened it up again midway through the fourth with Butler and Embiid on the bench.

Have to say Embiid is getting a lot of protection from the officials.

The 2 minute report said it wasn't a shooting foul. 🙄

Enjoyed the Celtic game, if they get past the Bucks, they could go all the way.

Warriors game was pure muck, give credit to Memphis for nearly winning, they 100% deserved to win. Warriors didn’t seem to treat that seriously, looked like they were just going through the motions until the end when they decided to pull the finger out.

Wiggins was poor but I still think he can be decent and play a role but I am not sure what Klay has left, he looks like a shadow of his former self, I hate saying it

fell asleep before the Celtics game, but another great game from Horford it seems. I think they will the series for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Yeah, I've given up on the Grizzlies / Warriors series from an entertainment point of view, its really messy at times.

Celtics were fantastic in the 4th last night, still think this series could go either way and expect it to go to 7

The craziest stat I've seen in a long time - the highest assists number a Dallas player managed last night was 2. Total team assists for the game? 9.

Lowest assists game Luka has ever had apparently.

• Advertisement

As a Celtics fan I was really worried after Games 1 and 3, now I think it's Boston's to lose, esp. with Game 7 at home. Game 1 was weird in that they didn't look ready. Game 3 I felt they gave away and that this series was so tight that they couldn't afford that esp. after the Game 1 mishap. Horford was outstanding in Game 4, prob. his best ever game as a Celtic.

was going to try and wait up to watch at least 1 of last nights games. Thankfully made the right decision and went to bed !! A bit of a damp squib

Celtics blew it, I'm sick after that.

Warriors were a embarrassment, I don’t care if you are in control of the series, I wasn’t expecting the Warriors to win it all but no championship level team loses like that

The Celtic game was mmmm, let’s just say probably a worse loss than the Warriors, those loses are gut wrenching, you’re in total control and **** the bed, wow

lots of shots started to go in the 4th for the Bucks. Still a horrible loss. Tough to come back from that. Still give the Celtics a chance though

Definitely still giving the Celtics a chance but they do look a little jaded.

I’m a glutton for punishment - I just watched the entire Boston v bucks Game 5. That’s about a bad a loss as you can take. If they lose this series they really have sh*t the bed between being completely unready for Game 1 and now giving this away.

not an excuse but in the last 3 minutes alone I counted 1 double dribble (Portia) and 3 Milwaukee travels that went uncalled, as well as a couple of soft fouls. That said, two absolutely incredible plays by Holiday at the end.

I'll watch the full game tonight, should be pretty intense. Could end up with two Game 7's on Sunday - RIP work on Monday.

Celtics putting in the work right now, I really like this team, expecting a bit of a Milwaukee comeback soon

• Advertisement

And breath, intense playoff game tonight at Chase, we did enough but to be honest don’t look that impressive, i think a dialed in Suns or Dallas will make easy work of us as it stands.

Would also predict NBA champions come from East again, just look a little bit better, so impressed by Celtics even if they are probably a headache to support

Advertisement