Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Connection Nordmende TV - Tuner Overload

• 20-10-2021 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hoping someone can possibly save me here as I'm pulling my hair out - literally!

Sorry this is a bit long winded.

Got a new smart TV recently with built in satellite receiver.

Everything was working fine up until last week. Not to bore you with detail but went up to attic to sort saorview connection to another room.

Got back down only to find no satellite signal on new TV. Then showed Tuner overload.

I have a quad lnb on my dish. 2 connections going to new TV and another room. I have confirmed that both cables off the dish are working fine.

I ultimately discovered that the coax cable from the dish to the new TV was severed somehow. So went out yesterday and got a decent length of new coax cable. Hooked that up to cable from dish in attic and went to the trouble of dropping the cable down the attic hatch into the hallway, brought the new TV down and connected the cable to the satellite tuner on the TV. Worked perfectly. To be doubly sure I had the TV in the other room off the satellite and that also worked perfectly. So no issue with lnb off dish.

Anyway back up into attic. Have a very narrow conduit that has the coax from the saorview aerial and through which I managed to get the original coax for the satellite connection and after removing the old cable got the new cable down through it. Terminated the connection and connected it to the new TV.

Switched on TV and went to satellite channels.

To my amazement and frustration all I'm getting is 'Tuner overload'.

I cannot understand it.

Any suggestions????

TIA

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Ho @Omn it may be a bit late now but I found your post in a very quiet part of the site and have moved it to a more suitable forum. Sorry about the delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Omn

Perhaps move the Nordmende tv to the location of your second tv and see if you get the Tuner Overload error when connected to the cable used for your 2nd tv. If you don't get the error then check the connections on the troublesome cable and see that there is none of the braid on the outside of the cable touching the internal core wire. I wonder if in fact you have some sort of short on the cable where the outer braid is touching the inner core.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 arwsligo

Has anyone solved this mystery. The BBc SD signal has disappeared of our Normende and the kids are making me mental!

Has anyone worked out to tune the HD signal in? I have retuned, done a first time installation but no joy.

Any help appreciated

It's a HD TV only been in the house a few months

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You could try manually tuning in the frequencies required. That should work unless there's something else wrong.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Is the Nordmende TV in the same Vestel stable as Walker, Toshiba etc.?

If so a satcodx channel list might be up-loadable. I have forwarded the list to various here on boards for Walker TVs and also uploaded to my own Toshiba. It doesn't have the kids channels but they would be easily added if required.

The BBC SD transponder channels were switched off Monday morning - BBC completes SD satellite switch-off > RXTV info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jimbojimbo

Hello, would anyone have current Satcodx file?

Advertisement