Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling out Revenue Form 11 staking crypto

• 21-10-2021 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

So I am in process of filling out form 11.

thats the one for a paye worker who earns money from staking (or shares etc). Its also for non paye but lets ignore that for this thread.

Q1. Can anyone who has actually filled out the form tell me which section applies to staking rewards. Parts 301 to 317. In the foreign income section

Q2. As I am staking on an exchange can someone in the know advise whether the % fee of the reward the exchange takes to do the staking can be claimed as an expenditure?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Not financial advice / hire an accountant but:

Income from staking would just treated as regular income no? You pay income tax, prsi and USC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

The income from staking is taxed as income tax. When the tokens received are sold, the market value at the time they were received is taken as the cost in calculating CGT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Can someone please go through an example of how the income tax on staking rewards would be calculated?

For example, if you stake 10,000 ADA and earn 5% (500 ADA) over the year, how do you actually calculate the income tax on that?

And how then is the cost basis calculated for CGT when you end up selling those rewarded ADA?

Advertisement