Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Posters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It looks more like you are being paid by Klaus Schwab to make conspiracy theorists look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Shilock

Just say nothing and we'll all be happy, or was you'll own nothing and you'll be happy.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

double bonus landed in the acc today !! coke n hooker for the weekend then ???

I wonder how much our colleagues are getting paid to spout nonsense? They are doing a great job at discrediting conspiracy theorists as a whole. High five to them. They came up with some real doozies. Fake space programmes and rfid chips in vaccines that can control people from the other side of the world were probably the best two.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Nobody is stopping anyone posting anything. Your problem is that when people post that Micheal Martin is a lizard man, people ask for evidence. Is that such a big problem, really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

if they are its a complete waste of money

I'd do it for free and use my 15 different accounts to debunk any CT

plus its easy, you just have to say "prove it" "show me" "you're a liar" "stop trolling"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,247 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And yet apparently all you do is pretend to be a conspiracy theorists and then all you ahve to say is "Prove it!" "Show me!" "you're a liar!" "Stop Trolling!" "Shill" etc.

You yourself have ruined this particular claim by being a complete troll.

The only people who have been posting without genuine intent and using false accounts have been conspiracy theorists and people pretending to be conspiracy theorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭growleaves

Political parties and intelligence agencies have budgets, often quite large budgets.

It could be considered a waste of time/waste of money to run multiple Sinn Fein re-reg accounts yet it's happened on boards recently.

Influencing opinion obviously matters to many organisations and bodies.

I think it's under-estimated how much effort goes into social media infiltration.

Yeah, agree. There does seem to be a sort of organised targeting of conspiracy theorists. There have been instances of multiple accounts, sock puppet accounts, one off accounts, etc that are claiming to be pro-conspiracy theory, but are making all conspiracy theorists look like idiots in order to ensure that less people from the general public start getting sucked in by the genuine conspiracy theorists' conspiracy theories.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,629 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I love when I get accused of being a paid poster.

"Yeah mate, I set up an account in 2014 so that 8 years and 23,000 posts later I could be established enough to debunk your crappy posts about vaxxines making you magnetic, or the government is using blow darts to inject vaccines into unsuspecting anti-vaxx edgelords"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Lol the level of paranoia in tin foil hatters little heads. I've been told my wife (a front line health worker) is a paid crisis actor and that its all a hoax she's helping to keep going. Mind you, she must get paid cash in hand by klaus scwab or bill gates or whoever cos no sign of it in our joint account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I dont have many years left, Hopefully the game ends soon 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Looks like a nerve has been hit and you are getting defensive with this thread.

How is not knowing an employee's location, salary and shift work any help in dismissing such claims?

Do you know what your banking or communications customer service agent's address, salary or roster is? But they are still professionals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Down through the years there have been a few posters who would have been "out like a whippet" to defend the government/FG if any thread was created criticising the government, and they would argue to the bitter end and have plenty of facts and figures to back themselves up.

These posters tend to vanish after a general election. There are still a few about. They are either paid to post here or they are very dedicated party followers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,014 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I agree generally but would say they don't go away after general elections, infact its astonishing what goes on in many Threads across the site with the mere mention of a particular political party currently in Government or one of their TD'S.

Civil and objective debates becomes, just impossible at times, theres the obligatory "How Dare they be Questioned", followed by attempts to debunk a particular event or decision despite evidence to the contrary, if that fails, subtle insults followed by another political party thrown into the mix in order to deflect and finally accusations of Misogyny (if it happens to be a female TD) and any other nonsense that comes to mind all having absolutely nothing to do with the Thread Topic.

Whilst I doubt these posters are Paid as such, there's certainly a vested interest and encouragement from somewhere. Ironically the efforts to deflect actually increases the number of posts on the these Threads and they get more exposure and feature in the Trending Section as a result . In essence, deflection attempts actually end up back firing if the intention is to Bury the story or event IMO 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

There are posters putting in 12-16 hour days of just posting on boards. You can see it from the timestamps.

I won't name these posters since I was already banned from a thread for suggesting one of them go out and meet a woman instead.

Either they are paid an hourly rate plus overtime or else they're squandering their lives behind a screen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

"putting in 12-16 hour days of just posting on boards."

I get up most days at 05.00 and often go to bed at midnight. That's 19 hours a day where I may post on here. Does that mean I an "putting in" a 19 hour day or is it more realistic that I will post several times during those 19 hours?

Admitting to slacking and doing other stuff when you should be posting on Boards. Report to your line manager immediately.

Isn't it weird how all of the paid posters seem to be people that the accuser disagrees with...

Thankfully I work for myself, I'll cancel the Wednesday coffee and donut as punishment to myself 🤣

I work for myself as a private contractor so I choose to do them, I have sent myself a few strongly worded emails but for some reason I never reply to myself 🤷‍♂️🤣

Just to clarify, I wake at 5, start work around 7 and finish around 4 or 5, I'm not working 5 am to midnight.

I still find it very funny that conspiracy theorists, shrewd detectives they are, haven't figured out why I seemingly post late at night.

• Advertisement

You're a satanic vampire who is part of the elite cult that sacrifices children?

Advertisement