Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing Association - Query

Options
  • 22-10-2021 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, I was contacted recently with regards to a possible offering of a home through a housing association.

My current status;

Both adults full time jobs, income levels would be over to threshold to qualify for social housing*

Currently receiving HAP payments, make a contribution weekly to HAP and then pay landlord rent.

The person whom I spoke to asked me if I am in receipt of rent supplement or HAP payment.

My understanding (from the phone call) Fingal Housing had asked this body to confirm if I am on rent supplement or HAP. Surely they (Fingal) would know this already? 🤔 the person from the charity body was very nice but as soon as I said i was on HAP they sighed and informed me they will be check if I'm eligible.

All very confusing. My details are updated with the DCC & Fingal, so not sure what it is they need to clarify?

Any advice or anyone in similar position??

*just to mention, I think this proposed offer was for long term renting option, as opposed to being offered a council home, outright.

*****UPDATE***** Offered new home so all is good 👍 mods can close thread.

Post edited by Anniearenyouok on

Advertisement