Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Martin2021

Anyone know when supporters club members get an opportunity to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks like no review of current restrictions until end of January or start of February. Tricky for planning for capacity for Wales game. https://www.thejournal.ie/eamon-ryan-lockdown-rules-5651932-Jan2022/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Just spent 3 minutes reading some of the comments at the end of that article.

Fook me there's a lot of vitriol out there!

Hard to see how the IRFU can manage this well now... Might find out that they can have full capacity in the Aviva what... 10 days at best before the Welsh game?

Mind you it'll be etickets for sure, so maybe doable alright... Still though. Squeaky bum stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I see France have eased restrictions for UK travellers for tomorrow, hopefully a good sign. Need them to allow crowds back to stadiums and we are sorted. Anyone hear any rumblings at all on this one? FFR are selling tickets to Italy game atm, hopefully they know something positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MrTea

The IRFU do a lot of things well, and get many great outcomes for the game, especially the mens senior team.

One thing they are utterly useless at is the IRFU supporters club. It pains me to sign up for it, knowing that there will be next to no communication. When it does come it'll be totally last minute. I feel like a piece of gum on their shoe.

Compared to a similar sporting body/event, I had 2020 tickets for Wimbledon and they have treated ticket holders so respectfully, thoughtfully and fairly.

This is an example of the IRFU email last year, after I badgered them for details in the absence of any communication

!Thank you for your email. The information about the match remains the same as earlier in the year.

We are still aiming to play this game before the end of the year and all tickets remain valid.

We are currently working through those details with Six Nations.

Our office is gradually re-opening and as staff return to the office our Ticketing department will be in a better position to process any available refunds.

Barry"

By comparison, from Wimbledon, after many similar emails throughout.

Dear ($("£$

With the last few weeks of 2021 upon us, and our thoughts turning to the many events of the past 12 months, we wanted to write to wish you a very happy festive season, and provide you with an update on our planning for Wimbledon 2022.

We have much to look forward to, including the celebration of the centenary of Centre Court, and the introduction of play on the Middle Sunday to the permanent schedule for the first time.

As 2020 ticket-holders, we would like to thank you for your continued patience over the past two years. We appreciate that the world has changed somewhat since you were offered tickets in the Wimbledon Public Ballot for 2020 so wanted to confirm that we will be in touch in January 2022 to update you on when you can expect to receive your ticket offer for The Championships 2022, including payment deadlines.

As a reminder, your ticket offer for The Championships 2022 will comprise the same day and court that you were offered in 2020.

We look forward to being in touch with you again soon.

With best wishes,

The AELTC Ticketing Team

The All England Lawn Tennis Club

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Just on update on this. RTE's Michael Lehane speculating capacity could be between 50 and 100% for events. Doesn't exactly narrow it down but hoping it will be confirmed sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 aedanknight

Tickets still available for our game as well. They've announced new laws regarding covid passes and essentially banning unvaccinated people from most places. Still no updates on crowds for sporting events (was hoping for some news by now), I think their government will announce updated rules on the 24th. Fingers crossed for good news but no idea yet or any rumors around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

Various reports saying we are expected to go back 100% capacity at outdoor events. Hopefully they are on the ball.

• Advertisement

From Gerry Thornley's Irish times article regarding French crowds "The French government decided that attendances would be limited to 5,000 outdoors and 2,000 indoors for three weeks until next Monday and are to make a decision on whether to ease those restrictions this week.

The French Federation have sold 75,000 tickets for their opening two home games against Italy and Ireland at the Stade de France and are hopeful their government will allow that to come to pass."

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭mcgragger

Lads can I ask I'd anyone can give a steer on what would face value be for a Cat 1 ticket for the home game against Italy?

I've seen some websites looking for 400 each. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭mcgragger

Thanks. Those sites are clearly touts.

Shouldn't be allowed

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

IRFU must already know the government are going to allow full capacity and they relax restrictions today/tomorrow so IRSC members might get to buy shortly for the home games.

An email with some information from them would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

they wont do anything until they get confirmation from government. They havent got that yet so no chance of any communication until they here from Catherine Martin and Department of Sport, Arts, tourism etc...

France have just announced an update - From February 2nd The end of mask requirements outdoors The end of limits to gatherings – currently set at 2,000 people indoors and 5,000 people outdoors.

Looks like full crowds for the six nations but there will be no food or drink on sale for our game - From February 16th Customers in venues including cinemas and sports grounds will again to allowed to consume food and drinks.

They can still give an update, not a final announcement, they can do both! :) Their website is still advertising tickets for the Autumn nations series. Their communication is crap sad.y.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Presume events will be back to full capacity now by the sounds? Will tickets make it as far as the supporters club do ye think for the Wales game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

When the notice goes out to the supporters club for tickets (hopefully) is it a first come first serve or lottery type deal?

• Club orders are in by now so I would imagine if 100% capacity is announced, there should be movement on those next week. I would imagine lottery type as it has been in the most recent internationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It'll be a first come first served I reckon, similar to the Autumn Internationals. Its too late in the day to do a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Will be loads of tickets available for the Six Nations games if its full capacity.

They could barely sell out the All Blacks game in November as Corporate sales are way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

The flights to Paris we were looking at have gone from €220 on Tuesday to €510 now. Uncertainty meant we didn't take the plunge. But it also meant we were subject to the rush and rise of prices as soon as restrictions were eased.

We're not sure we can go now. Has anyone any experience of selling their tickets to SDF games online, or reselling them back to FFR? I had a look earlier but found it hard to get an answer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Have you looked at Paris orly with transavia? We’re booked with them and it wasn’t expensive. A taxi in from there is about €37 and flat rate

100% capacity at outdoor events here we come!!

Lufthansa or KLM indirect are viable options to CDG too, hsve used them before- clean, easy connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Vueling air are also doing Dublin Paris route. (big Spanish no frill company)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 kb1989

Latest update on IrishRugby.ie:

“Ticket allocations for upcoming Guinness Six Nations games have been advised to our Provinces and they will distribute them onwards to clubs and schools in time for the visit of Wales, in just two weeks. All other Patrons, including five and ten year ticket holders, will be contacted by the IRFU next week, with details on how to access their tickets.

Following distribution to clubs and communication with Patrons, we will then advise Supporters Club members on any possible availability.”

Advertisement