Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mid December or early January

'Supporter's club doesn't guarantee tickets'

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MrTea

I know about the non-guarantee element, have been a member previously. What I don't know is the definite timing around the ticket sales, and one thing I do know is that the comms from the IRFU customer service was shite. Really shite. So I haven't much hope of them confirming it but asking here is a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Invoices for home games were sent out to clubs over the last week or so.

Based on that I’d imagine they’ll have their allocations finalised fairly soon, and that the supporters club will know their allocation by now.

Hard to know when they’ll release for sale to members, but they could be ready to go at any stage now

The cynical businessman in me says they’d be smart to wait until January - to maximise people like yourself buying memberships in the Christmas period either for themselves or as gifts - but I’ve no indication if that’s their thinking or not

thanks fella. Yeah, was thinking it'd be smart of them to tap into the Christmas market. They will need as much as cash as they can pocket to steady the books. If I hear anything I'll update the with a post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Typically supporter's club ticket sale for 6 nations matches happens mid December. Should hear something this week I expect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Leinster ST holder ballot details...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Was wrong about this.

Noticed on the supporters club site says that most likely to be early January before member's sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭PMC83

I agree and disagree. 77 in old money is about 45 or 50 quid. Which is fair enough for a day out an international test match in the 6n. The IRFU also need to keep their finances healthy, especially after the lockdown. What bothers me though is that it may out of reach for some people, especially as you need to also be a club or supporters club anyway to even get close to the tickets. I wish there was some way to have affordable tickets, but it would require a bit of dedication to diversity that the IRFU seems to lack. For the record, I think they are doing great work overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

How is IRFU lacking in diversity though in this. Dont see why tickets should go on public sale if it means clubs(and their members), schools, referees, people involved in game directly on provincial committees etc all miss out

• Advertisement

I don't want to get into much of a discussion about this here, as it's mostly about tickets. I also agree that people in the game should get tickets first. There are often still tickets sold on general sale via supporters clubs and ticketmaster.

Largely, I am very grateful to the IRFU, and think they serve the Irish nation very well. One area I think there is room for improvement is their approach to diversity, I don't know if they have policy on this, or if they consider it much-I've not heard anything about it and I follow rugby closely enough.

Looking at the profile of those who play on our men's senior side the majority come from a similar demograph: middle/upper class Dublin, or middle/upper class from the rest of Ireland. More specifically, many of them come from one school, Michaels. Credit to the school and those people, but there will be many players with potential from around communities throughout Ireland who will not get to fulfill that potential. This is not good for the teams, the game, or our fans. Stuart Lancaster commented on it in Leinster, and recognised it as problem.

A broader playing pool also means a broader fan base, and would probably generate more revenue for the IRFU. They would need to invest more money and have pathways to support the next Keith Earls, or the kid without the resources to make it. England do a slightly better job on this, Ellis Genge being a product of the extra financial support the RFU give to younger players that the IRFU don't. Bernard Jackman spoke about this brilliantly recently on the 42 podcast if you're curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭PMC83

I think for the average punter 77 quid for a cat three is pretty expensive. Yes they need to make some money when they can, but the recent increase is definitely pricing people out. The prices for the Japan game were pretty ridiculous, and it showed in the stands.

In ways I agree, and they lost on a few potential quid in the Japan game. Did wonder if Covid and the drop on corporate tickets was misjudged by them. I wonder how they come up with the pricing strategy, is it a bit of guess work, or something more sophisticated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

We played Japan in the summer. Madness bringing them back again so soon. IIRC tickets in the summer were €20, it was the first Ireland game with fans post Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I cant see a members sale with the current restrictions in place until the end of January, thats 5 days before the Wales game, that will most likely be played with a capacity of 5k.

Might be able to get more in for Italy and Scotland as those games are in late Feb and mid March but its all very much up in the air.

The Irfu should have put the tickets on sale much earlier to prempt the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hearing talk that the tournament might be rescheduled due to lockdowns across the nations. Wales has moved to no fans at any sports at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

If they had sold all the tickets in advance it might put some pressure on to get restrictions eased.

Highly unlikely the govt would sway their decision due to that imo.

I also hope the IRFU would have more integrity than to try a stunt like that. I have my tickets for the 6n and desperately hope it goes ahead with full stadia, but it's not the most important thing right now. It would also be a major headache for them should they have to remiburse ticket buyers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Does anyone else have tickets to the away game in Paris? It's a bit limbo-like at the moment - has anyone else got their flights booked already?

As of yesterday I'm starting to be more pessimistic that travel to the game will actually happen. We had tickets for the 2020 game too, can't believe this is still happening two years later 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

You'd hope the 6N would confirm if crowds will be allowed in games or not. At least if you are vaccinated you no longer need a negative PCR to get back into Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Guess it's up to various governments rather than them and guess longer longer leave it may have better chance of larger crowds say. Tricky when our restrictions end on 30th and 1st home game on 5th Feb for example. Hopefully there will be official word out soon. What happens with the Champions Cup games might be decent indicator if nothing confirmed before then.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah we’ve fights booked, not hopeful we’ll get to go.

last time out FFR refunded tickets handily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Also have tickets, haven't booked flights yet. We will probably wait until end Jan to see what's happening before booking flights. If at that stage direct flights are sold out or extortionate, I've previously flown into Brussels and got the TGV to Paris for half the price (extra 2hrs to journey).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,348 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

club asking for this year's ticket requests - but is Wales not going to be restricted to 5k??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Murray just has this https://www.the42.ie/irfu-six-nations-crowds-5646285-Jan2022/?utm_source=shortlink. “As the Guinness Six Nations is due to begin on the first weekend in February, we will remain in contact with government and issue updates as and when more information is available.   

“For now, we are proceeding with our normal planning, as failure to do so would impact ticket distribution for the Guinness Six Nations. 

“If any of our home Guinness Six Nations fixtures are impacted by cancellation, postponement, or attendance restriction, our intention is that general ticketholders will be accommodated at rescheduled fixtures, or in the case of cancellation, or capacity restrictions, refunds will be processed back to the point of original purchase, for example, via the club or province the ticket was purchased from. 

“All other ticket stakeholders will be contacted in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

5k is rumoured, but nothing is confirmed yet for how restrictions will look in February and IFRU are working on the basis that it's full capacity until the Government tell them otherwise.

Payment requests went out in the last 2/3 weeks to clubs via the branches, all on basis of full allocations

Communication out from branches today.

Word for word identical to what was quoted in the42 yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

I’m not currently part of the Supporters club but I was going to join to try get a better chance of getting tickets going forward as it’s always been a nightmare. If I joined now are chances for six nations tickets gone already? And beyond that, would anyone know if any amount of tickets might be released on ticketmaster in the future for the six nations? Many thanks

Advertisement