Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower hard to start

Options
  • 22-10-2021 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I recently got a Weibang Lawnmower which was not being used because it wouldnt start.I eventually got it started using easy easy start and it runs lovely.Its a B&S Quantam engine.The primer bulb on the engine does not work so I replaced it and replaced the gasket between the air cleaner and carburetor.It still wont prime and If I take off the the cover and put it to my ear I cannot hear any air coming out the little channel when I pump the Primer bulb.If I use a yoke for pumping footballs on a bicycle pump and put it through the hole in primer bulb and give it a few shots it starts on first pull.So its obvious from that the air is getting through to carburetor but that the primer cant drive it through.id appreciate if any one could tell what the problem might be and how to solve it.Thanks.

Advertisement