Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK and custom charges

• 22-10-2021 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,

So I recently got charged custom charges for purchasing chilli mash from a UK supplier.

It was only a 1kg bottle worth 9 pounds and the custom charges where 5 euro.

If on my next order I was to order 2kg of chilli mash, would the custom charge be 10e? and so on and so forth? or is there a a point when the purchases is over x amount only a certain amount of customs will be charged?

Would it just be a cheaper bet to find another supplier in Europe rather the paying all these custom fees?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The person sending it shouild be declaring a value for which a charge is then added. The courier/AnPost will have a flat fee, anything from €3.50-€15 they will add esch time as their handling processing fee. I'd say 2kg's in the case of AnPost would be €14.50 (€5.50x2 for the chilli mash and €3.50 for the fee).

Advertisement