Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullen - Lynch - Fitzsimons

Options
  • 23-10-2021 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

I wonder if anyone can give suggestions on this family:

I read that the mother is Bridget Mullen, she has children and two grand daughters - children of her daughter.

Her daughter married Peter Fitzsimons (I don't have the marriage cert, I'm guessing it might have taken place in England as the older grand daughter was born there) but I have the birth cert for Bridget Fitzsimons [1887] and her parents are Susan Lynch and Peter Fitzsimons). I have the death cert for Bridget Mullen [1910] (grand daughter Bridget Fitzsimons present), deaths certs for the two Lynch brothers ([1929, 1942] Bridget's Fitzsimons' sons present). I also have death cert for a Daniel Mullen [1900] that I'm guessing was Bridget's husband - he died in the same townland and Anne Fitzsimons was present.

Can anyone suggest why the children are Lynches if Bridget is a Mullen?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Bridget remarried after her Lynch husband died and is now a widow for the second time.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

Thanks for that. Yes I've been looking into it but can't get it confirmed as it's too early for civil records and I'm not finding anything so far in parish records. Assuming the children were born around the late 1850s-early 1860s (going by ages listed census records and death certs), Bridget was married for the second time in the mid-late 1850s and the first husband died about that time. I'll keep at it 👍️

Advertisement