Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

determine blame

Options
  • 23-10-2021 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

i was driving in bus lane for a few meters intending to turn left. there is two lanes going straight to my right. suddenly I get hit from the side by a woman cutting across the traffic. the other two lanes let her go and she crashed into my side as I was on bus lane. she T boned me. she was cutting across where there is a no U turn sign. her husband is arguing mutual blame because I was in bus lane. however if this was a taxi or a bus it would be 100% her fault. I don't mind getting a fine for being in bus lane but I belive she is 100% to blame for the accident regardless of the fact that I'm not a taxi. any opinions would be appreciated

Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Being in a bus lane may be illegal, but that has absolutely nothing to do with civil liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Miscreant

The insurance company/courts will apportion blame in this case. Anything else you get here will be guess work and conjecture as every case is different.

Leave it to the insurance companies to sort out now as this is what you pay them for. Hopefully the outcome will be OK for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

How much traffic was in the other 2 lanes that she didn't see you? Was she busy performing an illegal u-turn? If so, it's a bit rich of her husband to suggest you're at fault for being in the bus lane.

Advertisement