Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3-way fridge installation

Options
  • 24-10-2021 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello,

We purchased a campervan which was converted by the previous owner but which had not been registered as a camper. The campervan came with a 3-way Dometic fridge. The previous owner had not installed a flue vent for the fridge however. I have order the Domestic flue kit from Charles camping but the issue is the fridge is positioned in an inconvenient location such that the fridge chimney is not directly in front of the van panel but is instead located in front of the side door hinge. Moving the fridge is not an option so what I would like to know is if anyone has an idea on the best way to solve this issue. Is welding some extra 25mm steelpipe to the exhaust pipe an option? Is a flexible pipe possible, I assume it would need to be heat resistent ? I hope the pictures below clarify a bit more what I am describing here.

Thanks

Janet

Advertisement