Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ME Issues

• 24-10-2021 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have decided to stop all my meds this week. I'm still having ongoing crashes after 23yrs, and am sick of it, so I decided to stop everything for a couple of weeks (if I can make it), then reintroduce what I think helped slowly, to see whether it does anything. But I am already so sore and fuzzy, I don't know how I'll manage to get through more than a few more days.

I have lost confidence in my GP (unfortunately my old GP has retired), so don't know whether I'll be going back. I have tried to get into a new GP, but it seems that none will take new patients, so if anyone can recommend a decent GP in South West Dublin, PLEASE PM me.

Sorry about the moany post, but am not going through a great time at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭kig

What is EBV? Excuse my ignorance, but in all likelihood I have been.

What is root cause of your crashes do you know?

Unfortunately not always. Sometimes I know that I have done too much, eg. gone out shopping, but most times it just hits me out of the blue. Although having said that I have managed to reduce the number of crashes with pacing.

In my research now I have discovered quite a few sites which claim that paracetamol can be addictive, and my GP (although I have asked him a few times about the safety of it to my liver function) has has me on 2 paracetamol 3 times a day. I have discovered that the body will mimic the pain in order for me to take more paracetamol.

I have been tested for EBV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

What is ME? Multiple E....?

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Advertisement

No, I have given them so much blood, and nothing has shown up, including EBV

My uncle had this for years until he managed to reset back to normal.

He start with 7 days water fast 3 times in period of 2 month. Immediately stop eating all food high in carbs. Every summer he gets as much sun as possible. Lots of salads and red meat like cow or lamb. No process food either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You are doing so well with pacing! I avoid paracetamol after concerns re liver damage and use aspirin or ibuprofen during the day then prescribed codeine at night. NB I do not have a GP with any awareness of M.E so I just get on alone. Only seek advice for any other major issues. And repeat prescriptions for codeine.

Easiier for me as I am old and alone so can please myself etc . And also very aware of the dangers in old age of even a simple infection with M.E .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Myalgic Encephalomyalitis aka Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Excellent web site on M.E Association

• Advertisement
Advertisement