Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about switching eir F2000 router to bridged mode.

Options
  • 25-10-2021 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have Eir FTTH and I recently installed a TP Deco M4 mesh system. I connected the main M4 unit to one of the ethernet ports on the f2000 and configured it in router mode. So far its working well. I now want to set the f2000 to bridged mode (as per the M4 config recommendations). I know I need to set the WAN link to bridged mode (currently set to IP route). However I have some questions. In case its relevant I also bought a TP link switch which I will plug into the second port of the main deco unit for any other future devices after the change.

Is there anything else I need to?

If I hit any problems can I reverse the change by simply logging back into the f2000 and setting the WAN link back to IP routing?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭wandererz

Nothing else you need to do.

Once set to bridge mode you will lose access to the web interface of the modem as it will no longer have an IP address.

To get back to router mode & gain access to the web interface you will need to reset it by pressing & holding the reset button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

F2000 not a modem for FTTH, so why do you need bridge mode at the first place?

You know ,you could unplug F2000 altogether and connect Deco directly to ONT on the wall ( which is a “modem” for FTTH)

ps. Deco M4 quite weak WIFI performer , so unless you broadband package limited to 150 mbps ( or you don’t need higher speeds) I wouldn’t use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭peter_h1979

This is my parents house, and wifi coverage was spotty in certain parts of the house, hence the installation of the mesh network. Consistent coverage around the house is more important that high performance anything close to 150 is acceptable.

My parents also have a landline connected to the f2000 so simply removing it is not an option. So if the f2000 isnt the modem/router do I even need to switch it to bridged mode?

The mesh network has been in place for about 6 months now and there have been no issues, maybe I should leave it as is.

Thanks.

Post edited by peter_h1979 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Yeah, leave it . Switching F2000 into the bridge mode would kill your landline connection.

By right you should switch DECO into AP mode instead, but if everyone happy the way things working now , why would you bother?

Advertisement