Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Entry Medicine 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MadMammy1

Post edited by MadMammy1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rogerroger22

Congrats MadMammy! That’s very strange.. I got asked to submit docs to rcsi but no Galway invite and I thought Galway based it purely on highest HPAT applicants🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 38 eua19r1

I emailed Galway there just to check and they replied saying

Thank you for your email and interest in NUI Galway.

We hope to let applicants know this week.

I got 82nd percentile so was fairly hopeful I’d get an invite.

Email from Galway out today.

Anyone heard from Trinity yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Xaituuni

No. Anyone got contacted from other universities such as cork?

Thanks Xaituuni. From trawling through old threads I think Cork comes along later than the others. I have not heard from them.

If last year was anything to go by I got my interview for UCC on the 13th of May, then the interview was 2 weeks afterwards.

Thats great to know eua19r1. Congrats on Galway email. There could be no doubt with that HPAT centile!

Cheers, if I hear from Cork I'll post on here.

• Advertisement

Great! Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Futuremedmum

Thanks for sending that through Futuremedmum. I cannot understand that in the year that Simon Harris announces a significant increase in places in medicine in the coming years, the bank simultaneously tanks the loan so many rely on. Not to mention people have been waiting for years for SUSI to get sorted out. Its already like climbing Everest and then they say you have to climb it without your safety equipment. 😔

AIB still have the tuition fee loan but it's sad that if someone gets turned down from AIB there's not another bank that I can think of to approach for the loan now. Will be interesting to see if any changes do actually come about for graduates who want to do medicine. I'm sure that there must have been people over the years who put in alot of work on applications and got in to the course and couldn't take their place because of funding issues

Out of curiosity, how many of you guys are also sitting/sat GAMSAT and eligible for grad entry?

Just applied via Mature Entry rogerroger.

I wonder if we would be allowed to apply retrospectively if something does come in (should I be so lucky to get a place!!). A mature entry place in medicine (or any discipline) should not be limited by inability to afford it.

Mature entry only here as well.

Unlikely this will actually have any impact in the incoming year but perhaps down the line might reduce the fees somewhat. I’ll believe it when it’s in writing though.

I wonder will people who submitted supporting documents hear from RCSI this week? They sent out an email about clubs and societies late last week and I saw RCSI on mynotification windows and it definitely raised my heart rate 😅 dying to know now whatever the result

• Advertisement

RCSI email out there.

Best of luck! I am on tenterhooks waiting for NUIG interview.

Thank you, hard to know what to expect for the NUIG one but I'm sure will be fine.

Got email for RCSI and yes MMI interview for Galway will be very interesting indeed, best of luck to everyone for interviews ❤

Has anyone heard from cork?

Can't really help you with that one as I didn't apply to Cork or Trinity. Last year though it was roughly 3 weeks after hpat Cork sent out interview invites. What is it now 5 weeks since HPAT results? Would have thought someone would have heard something from Cork and Trinity?

I have not heard from either Cork or Trinity.

How did you find the NUIG interview guys? :)

Heard nothing from cork either. Nuig was very fast paced. Hard to gauge much from it.

• Advertisement

Yes I agree very fast paced and felt like more than 8 stations and the 7 or 10 minutes for each station felt like 2 minutes 😂. Hope anyone waiting on Cork and Trinity get exciting emails soon

Advertisement