Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Entry Medicine 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MadMammy1

I’m fairly sure it turned into a few more stations than I expected as I thought I was almost done and people kept coming 😄. Felt like I didn’t get that promised minute to catch my breath. Whoosh!

UCC email out

Has anyone heard from Trinity? I know they send out emails for interview quite late in the process. I am not really expecting to be called by them but I would like to be able to rule it in/out so I can plan my summer.

Wishing everyone who got emails for interview with RCSI and UCC best of luck over next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Futuremedmum

Sorry I was very mistaken with my facts. AIB scrapped their tuition fee loan some years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 conordarcy123

Hi everyone,

Offers for Galway are out. Unfortunately I have been placed 3rd on reserve but still have the RCSI interview coming up next week.

Good Luck to everyone.

• Advertisement

Hi Everyone

Has anyone any prior experience with interview at UCC?

If by chance any current or former UCC Medicine students are reading this, any tips would be appreciated also!

Good luck to everyone who has RCSI or UCC interviews this week. Fingers crossed we all end up with a place somewhere.

How is everyone. It is fierce quiet in here. Just completed the UCC interview. Very nice people. Impossible to know how it will go though. Does anyone have any idea how quick they are to come back on places? How did everyone do with RCSI?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 eua19r1

I had both UCC and RCSI today, hard to gauge how they went but both panels were very nice. Hopefully its not too long before they get back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kaul

Hey everyone!

Unfortunately I have not been able to follow through with my application this year, and perhaps next year. If you guys could, do you have any information about the application and the interviews for me going forward?

I do hate interviews, always tough to stop those sneaky nerves even with lovely interviewers. Hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday!

• Advertisement

How is everyone? Hanging in and hearts pounding at every ding in your email? Mine is! Hope everyone had a nice long weekend :-)

Hi madmammy1, I would say it will be next week from RCSI anyway, if it's before then, then that'd be absolutely brill. Not sure how long UCC have taken on average haven't looked at the old threads to see. Having post interview blues myself but I think everyone should be so proud to have got to interview(s) and anyone who is on their second time applying I'm really rooting for you guys 💪🤩

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Luna73

UCC come out fairly quick.... if you don't get it - ring and ask them why.... if a space then opens up they remember you as the person who asked why you didn't get it! I was lucky got RCSI/NUIG/UCC - they go with you as a person not just your HPAT. Best of luck. Happy to answer q - only logged in today as hadn't been online in a while as was studying.... Mature student on undergrad course isn't easy even with a prior degree... but I have gotten there.

Couldn't agree more on your comment on second time and maybe even third time applicants. It's a very difficult process and the waiting game wreaks havoc with you. The post interview second guessing is so hard. I looked back on UCC and they seem fast enough so hopefully end of week? I didn't ask tbh. That really is just wishful thinking. There are not too many of us on here so there should be a place in one of the colleges for all of us 😀🤞.

Thanks a million Luna73. What college did you end up choosing? Did you get a place first time round or did you have to apply again? Great advice on following up to ask why if unsuccessful! Congratulations on getting three offers. You must have had an excellent application overall.

In the post interview meeting with Celeste (RCSI), she said offers will be made tomorrow. 12 spots for 24 people interviewed.

Oh my goodness, thanks for letting us know. ugh my stomach has just gone mad with butterflies. Only 12 spots! I'm looking forward to getting the email no matter what way it goes and I will probably cry either way as well 😂 but I'll be here again, well for the 2023 chats if it hasn't been my year this year.

Oh wow! 12 spots. I am thinking good thoughts for you all!! I have no doubt you all deserve it! A restless night ahead for all of you I am sure but I hope it will be worth all the toil and determination.

Yeah I was surprised too as there is usually 15 spots! That being said there is usually 30+ people shortlisted for interview. Good luck to everyone here that is waiting for offers. What background (academic/professional) do you guys have?

How we feeling today 🤢🤢🤢😬😬😬🤢🤢🤢 very very best of luck to everyone waiting on offers. How many times have I refreshed this page today to see if anyone got news = A LOT!! 😁

• Advertisement

Not my year this year but I hope some people got good news on here 😁 I have Dermot Kennedy on Saturday to ease the blow, better days are coming and all that 😉 good luck to everyone waiting on Trinity and Cork offers

Really sorry to hear that Futuremedmum. As you said yourself, we should all be proud to have got to interview. It is a massive achievement in itself. No word from UCC for me as of yet so a few more sleepless nights for me and my family. If you decide to go for it again next year (and you should if you got this far) I really wish you success. The schools seem to like persistence.

I wonder if they had a bunch of deferrals this year. They also raised the HPAT cut off this year even though they had mentioned 120/130 at the open day so that would have definitely decreased the number of interviewees, me included. Hope you and the others got good news. My academic background is in biological sciences and then I worked in biotechnology.

I consider myself quite lucky as I have been offered a place at RCSI this year, however that being said it was my 3rd time applying. Out of these 3 years, I got interviewed twice and each year I built on my volunteering experience (shadowing doctors, volunteering with first responders etc) and just kept at it! I have an extensive psychology education background and worked in social care. If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to drop me a private message.

Good luck to everyone awaiting offers!

Amazing, well done. Delighted to hear you were successful. Persistence pays off 💪an amazing journey ahead of you

Sorry for the late reply, I was away for the last few days, I have an offer from both rcsi and ucc. Not sure yet which one I will choose but either way will free up a space on the waitlist for one of the colleges. When I do make my decision I will post on here in case anyone is on waiting lists.

Amazing news conordarcy123 and eua19r1. Huge congratulations. You deserve it mightily and I wish you great success.

UCC didn't contact me at all so I clearly didn't get a spot there. I will contact them to ask for feedback. I am first reserve for Galway so fingers crossed someone will swap for another place in the musical chairs that will ensue over next few weeks.

Thank you and if anyone has any questions send over a message and I’ll try answer. I’d 100% get feedback if anyone isn’t successful this year. It’s definitely helped with my reapplication this year. I know last year that some of the colleges wouldn’t give out feedback until end of august.

Just a quick question eua19r1, did your UCC offer come by email or by post. I am on holidays with an 8 hour time difference so thought I better check. Well done again. I know this is not your first rodeo so brilliant to have a choice.

• Advertisement

Came via email. I’d imagine a paper one will be issued with the cao round A.

Advertisement