Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Entry Medicine 2022

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MadMammy1

You probably already know this but I had to check this with CAO last week. As far as I know, the CAO Round A offers you the highest preference offer you have listed on the CAO. In order to be sure you get the correct offer you need to make sure you have the order of colleges and the associated course code correct within your CAO form so that you get offered your preferred college. Do double check that with CAO if you have even a possible doubt. Also, I seem to recall from previous threads that the actual CAO offer was electronic but don't quote me on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 eua19r1

Ah thank you, yeah that’s my understanding of it as well. And change of mind will remain open too until end of the month as well.

If anyone has an offer for NUIG and plans to decline it for another college I would really appreciate it if you could let me know. It would put me out of considerable misery 😆.

I've been offered a spot in Galway. For anyone on waitlists the places are starting to move now so fingers crossed for people. Anyone Galway bound send me a PM if you want to meet up closer to the start of semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 eua19r1

Congratulations that’s excellent news. If anyone is waiting on a rcsi place I am taking ucc over rcsi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 yeehaw123

Hi everyone, congrats to everyone who got places. I’m looking to apply for undergrad next year (couldn’t apply this year as I’m doing my final year placement for pharmacy) and I was wondering does anyone have any feedback for the application process (any tips that they wished they knew) or anything that colleges look for specifically. Sorry I’m just absolutely clueless and I need to get my act together. Thanks in advance

Thanks eua19r1. I might see you on the wards in 5 years time! Good luck on starting in UCC. A great school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pharm2medquest

Congratulations, I’ve just come across this thread and that’s so impressive. I’d love to hear how you and the rest of the contributors to this thread are getting on. I’m a pharmacist but seriously considering a change in a year or two but realistically you need to start planning now from what I understand. I feel the five year courses might work better for me and my family, as opposed to the GEM programmes but I’d really like to hear how others are managing family life/part-time work/other commitments while studying medicine.

I’d be delighted to hear from you and congratulations again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pharm2medquest

Congratulations, I’ve just come across this thread and that’s so impressive. I’d love to hear how you and the rest of the contributors to this thread are getting on. I’m a pharmacist but seriously considering a change in a year or two but realistically you need to start planning now from what I understand. I feel the five year courses might work better for me and my family, as opposed to the GEM programmes but I’d really like to hear how others are managing family life/part-time work/other commitments while studying medicine. 

I’d be delighted to hear from you and congratulations again!

Advertisement