Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Stutter & GC Rec.

Options
  • 25-10-2021 10:14am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi - I have moved to a gopro and recording at 2.7k 60fps and editing with an i7 and 12gb of ram.

But Pinnacle 24 is stuttering like mad. Reading up, it seems my older GTX750i gc does not support whats needed - H.264 I think.

Video stutters in other programs too. VLC is fine, and not sure why - is shows the video as h264 mpeg4.

Any recs on a graphics card to support 4k/2.7k video editing.

I could convert the video to 1080 to edit but whats the point in that ?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your GPU has h.264, even 7yo models do. It does NOT have HEVC (265) but that shouldnt matter...GoPro doesnt output HEVC. 700 series specifically are supported by Pinnacle as far as v25.

Does your laptop have "Optimus" or whatever where it can use intel graphics OR nVidia graphics depending on application? If Pinnacle isnt triggering 3D mode then performance would suuuck.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

From reading up today - its seems to be the codec H.264 used by phones/gopro/dslr's to out put 4k video.

Pc's have a hard time rendering the 4k video. Downloaded a trial of Corel Videostudio - which has a proxy setting.

This creates a low res file for editing, but the output is the 4k edited video. seems to work, as there is no stuttering watching the proxy video.

will try that out and see if it works.

Thx

Advertisement