Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Comments

• i can see getting an Aldi TGTG bag/box is going to be a piss take then.

Right when it went live before it even loaded payment options it was gone.. this has happened every time I’ve tried. 😂

gonna try again tonight. They’re no good to me Thurs-Sat atm cos I’m working those days and will finish after 11pm most nights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭jeffk

Snap, its like trying to get a ticket on ticketmaster

I still stick by its staff, ok im putting it up and its "gone", I even had a staff memeber tell me he gets them all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I was chatting to a staff member about it who said they aren't allowed get a box on the day they work

• Yeah, but is that gonna stop a friend or relative coming in to collect for them..

say I worked in Aldi and right before they were due up I have my phone ready to buy and my partner logged into the same account comes to collect!

i wouldn’t be surprised. As for ticket master.. honestly it would be easier!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Lidl have been doing those 3€ boxes for a year or more now, at least my local one has anyway. Go in in the morning and theres a few at the self service tills with yesterdays fruit and veg. Usually gone before lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I've never a self checkout till in any lidl I've ever been in? Where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PublicBen

Some Lidl’s do have self service tills - I’ve never seen them but I’ve heard of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Cork St, Dublin 8. There's a few around Dublin that have them, Aungier st, Terenure as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Interesting, I use the Terenure one sometimes and never came across them they must be relatively new. Ill check them out

My wife is logged in on my account and picks up during the day if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭jeffk

Happened again

Aldi sold out yesterday 2202 so I'll go on just around 2200

Sold out today 2029

I was even told by customer care they go on sale 15 after collection time when I suggested notification of saved offers go on sale

Great idea but the effort etc is tainting it and soon the novelty will wear off and places be left with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The wife collected one this evening. 4 x Salmon Sensation (https://groceries.aldi.ie/en-GB/p-salmon-sensation-200g-specially-selected/4088600358215), 2 packs of sushi and a pepperoni pizza. Bit disappointing this time round as it was mainly fish. Will try again during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

I usually don't try at the evening. During the day you have more luck if a new box gets available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

I ordered 2 bags today, the first was an applegreen grocery one, when I went the guy said they stopped doing TGTG and couldn't take it off the App??

the 2nd my first Aldi one, disappointed compared to some I have seen here.

cooked prawns todays date

egg mayo todays date

pitta bread todays date

a veggie wrap todays date

a large soup todays date and 18 eggs dated 1/3

the only thing I'd be very wary of is the prawns.

all in all a good haul though.

Any idea what the aldi hub is that I'm seeing mentioned in the papers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭con747

This, "Aldi Ireland's Group Buying Director John Curtin said:" "The aim of this new hub is to provide customers with tips and information to keep costs low, as well as inspiration for ways to make budgets stretch further. We know that the times ahead will be challenging, but we’re here to help people always find the lowest prices when they shop with us.”

I gave up on the Aldi TGTG because every time I checked it was "sold out" 15-20 minutes before I checked, so I checked earlier everyday for a week and still the same, today it supposedly sold out at 3.25pm!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

My local aldis are 10.02 and 10.05 pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Same here. The locals were all sold out by 10:05pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭gussieg

From Aldi , I now have 2 bits of bacon , 5 bags of carrots and 4 loaves of brown bread, and 2 pots of veg soup . We had a lovely meal of salmon stir fry already , so for 8 euro , great. But I think I'll give it a rest for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ECookie13

You can go into any Aldi at like 6 or 7pm and get lots of meat/dairy etc reduced at 75% off, unless someone else has got it before you.

No messing about having to monitor the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭s.k.w.

That's alright if your Aldi still does 75% offs, both of ours stopped doing the 75% stickers about a month ago and now only do 30% off 🥲.

And no I'm not just shopping at the wrong time, I asked someone and they said no more 75's. It's very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭con747

Agree, my local Aldi never had more than 30% off no matter what time of the evening. Even at 9.45pm they wouldn't drop the price any more.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Candy Box - good dates and all but one item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,686 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Who thought it was a good idea to call them Snow Balls?!

That will be in my mind as I stuff them in my mouth 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭caviardreams

How much was the candy box haul? Looks great!

Was chatting to Mrs SW this evening and realised this week's shopping excluded bread, sausage, rashers, chicken, burgers, mince which are standards every week and about 30e plus other main meals which we don't have to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 labradorlover4

how do i join this? Is it a website or app? Does anyone know if theres anything good in COUNTY leitrim.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No, nothing good in Leitrim, but let’s just stick to the app.

Advertisement