Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PublicBen

Lotts & Co Clontarf. €5.99

2 chilli con carne

1 garlic potatoes

1 fancy sausage roll

2 pistachio croissants

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭CKrules

Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭CKrules

Another good haul from James Whelan in the Swan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Got a bag of cakes in a gluten free shop in Tralee that is usually quiet good. Got 3 dried out brownies today and complained. Got a voucher when they sent me the usual response of end of day stuff which would usually be binned. Quoted the sale of goods act and it being of merchantable quality and a voucher in the response.

Box from Aldi was mediocre. Found them to be very hit and miss.

Whelan's when Im quick enough is always good value. Goes in seconds.

The Gate Cafe Palmerstown, Dublin. €4.99

beef stew, chicken and stuffing sandwich and brownie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

Davidson craft butcher in cork. My favourite butcher so very happy

Got 2 Whelan's packs this week.

Peking Chinese on Liffey St Dublin. Meant to be valued at €21 and selling for €6.90 on TGTG. Box has 5 chicken tenders and cold chips. Per their menu 10 tenders and chips is €6.80 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Homelander

They aren't even tenders, just 5 measly pieces of shredded chicken. That has to be a mix up. That looks like a really crappy spice bag or one of those €5 student deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yep, definitely complain about that. Taking the piss.

They have two different options on the app and they comfirmed this was the bigger one (just handed a bag out, wasn’t looked at until home). Emailed TGTG and they came back almost instantly saying they will refund the money. Seemed as if they have received other complaints about this place since the response was so quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The app does not appear to be giving as much info anymore. I used to be able to see if a bag had gone on sale, and when it sold out, so you would have a chance to see when it is likely to go on sale the next day. It shows for some things but I am not sure if it is accurate, as it is saying "check again at this time" and the time is exactly the same each day. Maybe they do go on sale at that time, but I doubt it is exactly the same. I got a bag the other day and it only showed info for a short time later. i.e. it would have said "sold out at 8.15" but at 9am there was no sign any were on sale that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

risk of outlining what ppl will get does not fit this concept…whatever a shop has leftovers is what ppl will get. If they sell just one item its easy to know e.g donut shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I did not mean info on what you get, it was the time it was sold at, if sold at all that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭scrotist

How the feck do people get the James Whelan ones? THey're always sold out whenever I see them.

Are people checking the app every 10 seconds?

My local one puts one up the night before - I don’t even bother trying to get that one. On the day they put more up - generally between 7 and 8am but no set time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

If you click into the offer when it’s sold out, the greyed out button will still give you the time it sold out (you need to close the popup that appears over the button)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Last month I tried getting one from James Whelans in Naas 4 days in a row at the same time every day and I always missed out. On the 4th day I did actually refresh the app every 30 seconds but still had no luck, it sold out within seconds. So Ive given up trying as there must be loads of people refreshing the app trying to grab it. Its either that or a staff member is buying it for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

Aldi putting up Christmas Eve grocery bags, very curious what they will entail. Will report

• Advertisement

I have a couple of these ordered as well. Will be interesting to seeq what the give

They limit purchases to 1per account.

It's down to timing and sheer luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭lucalux

Same, have one booked for tomorrow.

Got one this evening with a 2kg roast in the bag chicken, 4 chicken burgers, 800g platter of mashed potato, Sorrento pizza bases and pot of pineapple chunks, grand for 3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

James Whelan Cornelscourt have just added Cooked Christmas Ham, for collection before 3pm today.

Over 5 left, €23 (value €69) each. And the madness of Cornelscourt on Christmas Eve...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

They also have 5 left in the Pavilion.

Just got a Whelan bag in tralee

Picked up my bag from Whelan's today.

Not sure how they can justify 7.50 for a shank of lamb🤯

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Picked up one of the hams in Cornelscourt, they are massive! Cheers for the heads up. Happy Xmas all.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭s.k.w.

Just collected my Christmas eve box from Aldi... What a load of crap! Don't know what I'm going to do with 2 packages of yellowing Pak choi and browning kale on Christmas eve night!

Anybody thinking they've missed out on something maybe containing Christmas products don't worry about it.

The worst part is I've had a few boxes from this Aldi before and they were always good. Very disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

I placed an order for an Aldi bag yesterday at noon. However, today, about an hour before I was supposed to pick it up, my order was cancelled. Interestingly, shortly before my order was cancelled, a new batch of Christmas Eve groceries appeared in the app. It seems like there might have been some issue with their inventory system.

Advertisement