Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

good question, Im normally leavng town about 3pm but a lot of the places state pick up 4.30pm/5pm onwards. Has anyone picked up sooner than the stated time and was it a problem?

I turned up about 15 mins early and was asked to hang around or come back within the stated pick-up time. It seems like the app is set up so that the customer can only confirm they've collected their stuff once the pick-up time has kicked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I picked up about 20 minutes early in FXB the other day and it wasn't an issue. You do have to wait til the appointed time to confirm your collection in the app, though.

I'd say it just depends on the outlet whether they'll have the stuff ready early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

This is true if they give it to you early and you dont accept collection later they may not get money …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Collected from Keogh's yesterday, muffins and scones, all excellent quality but would have preferred a couple of savoury items in the mix, personal taste obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Kuevasss

The Hopsack (Rathmines)

€4.99

Shephard's Pie with vegetables

Grill Soy Sausages expiring at the same day

2 peppers

3 chili

2 oranges

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Lahoya Greens in Terenure tonight, Italian meatballs, a Sheridans emmetal cheese (both best before today) , bunch of scallions, red pepper, yellow pepper and an aubergine.

Saltwater Grocery tonight, a French baguette, 2 slices of cake, a scone, tub of spicy butter and a tub of garlic butter, and 2 bottles of juice from Green Beards. They really seem to be embracing this concept properly, the Saltwater bag is a great haul for a fiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Anyone manage to reserve Cornucopia? I have checked most days and it always seems to be sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I picked up a bag from Minetta deli at Sutton Cross on Sunday. Got a decent pizza (that I cooked for dinner) and a sourdough baguette. Not the best I've seen but the pizza was delicious.

Used the bread the following day using this trick - something I can't believe I've never come across before. It worked amazingly well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Dash Container, Blackhorse ave. last night, €4.99 meal - a soup and two pastries. not great really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭rameire

Butlers pantry Castleknock.

4.99 bag.

Raspberry frangipane.

A mince pie.

Egg mayo.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Salumi Grazing in Terenure tonight, thought I'd try it again to see if it was any improvement on the last time. Got 2 Danish and a ham & cheese sandwich, a bit crap being honest, I won't be getting anything from there again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭uli84

Lovely stuff, i hope some places in Louth, Meath join soon, at least Cafe Nero would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lob020

So far, I bought 2 TGTG s in Butler's Pantry, very disappointed, A couple of pastries and 1 bread, not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

lol

New account, just one post - clearly involved with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gerlad

Going to collect here shortly- wish I’d seen this before I ordered!

I never tried them as I knew it will be disappointing! Its 5 min walk from my place but did not bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Wasn’t bad - a falafel salad and a large chocolate brownie cake. I’d say the cakes are normally €20 there and the salad was already marked down to €4. Only pain was the traffic around castleknock.

Had the salad for dinner and the falafel was lovely. Kids loved the cake and it’s still fresh this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

You did very well there getting 28 quids worth for a fiver. Certainly a lot better than the two pastries and bread another poster got from them.

Are Butllers Pantry the same as the chocolate company or different altogether? Have never been in one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Got a Butlers Pantry TGTG the other day. A loaf of sourdough, 4 croissants that were good to go (i.e. stale) and a premade salad that was pretty awful. The sourdough was €5.25 rrp, salad €4.95 (I'd be raging if I bought it full price it was so bad) and I presume the croissants are €1.50 to €2 each. Actually thought the whole lot was bad value at €4.99 through TGTG, won't be ordering from there again.

4 huge croissants..1 big cookie and 1 cinnamon roll from breakaway cafe..items worth 17.8 for 3.99…

Full roast Turkey dinner from Clonsilla Inn there - €4.99. Tasty enough and good portion size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

Picked up a bag from Applegreens in Ballinteer the other night - absolutely appalling. 2 pastries that were hard as rocks, and 4 awful muffins. Not edible any of it, complained on the app, and was refunded. I have been grabbing a few different bags from time to time, first time I was really let down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

I went to Subway and she said she had nothing left, got a refund but what a waste of time. Didn't seem to know what I was talking about and was very apologetic. First and last time I use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Patsy167

The Business model reminds me of the Mystery box/Subscription box craze from a few years ago. They sell you on the getting a surprise and the possibility of getting something that is high value but the reality is that you get a pile of junk.

It's a shame that some businesses seem to be taken advantage of it as there is the kernel of a good idea to redistribute leftover food if it is done right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

How many have you bought? So you're basing it on a few people complaining here?

My sister has had one good experience and one not so good experience - great meal from Seoul Kitchen in Cabra and a not great meal from Clonsilla Inn, but someone above had a good meal from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭gussieg

Drove a long way to get to the hole in the wall and I think I met same guy who have me 2 brioche buns with fairly fresh spinach and curry chicken in it that were delicious, and a mince pie that looked like a mini pork pie also yum and a brownie. It was worth it . Ordered from the purr cafe but Santa's truck held up traffic here, so I emailed them(no phone number) to give the bag to someone or some animal that needed it, as I realised it's the cat rescue society 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Patsy167

I've tried 4 different places in total, 1 good, 3 bad. I guess its all subjective. For the bad, I could have picked up the pastries fresh from the LIDL bakery for half the price.

Frozen Croissants from Aldi are fantastic for anyone fond of them for a breakfast treat.

Advertisement