Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ngunners

I tried the app for the first time today. Unfortunately the place wasn't even open at the pick-up time and didn't look like it had been open at all today. Has anyone had this experience and were you refunded?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've only used it once myself so can't really comment on how often it happens but are you sure the bag was for collection today and not tomorrow? Sometimes I see bags on sale for the next day on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Kuevasss

Never happened to me.

In the help section of the app, if you click on 'My Order' there is a topic 'The store was closed at the collection time'. If you click, there is a button 'Contact us'. They should refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ngunners

Thanks, I got a refund. Will give it another go at some point despite the disappointing first experience.

Grían Cafe (Kimmage)

€4.99

1 Reuben Sandwich

1 Pulled Pork Sandwich

2 sweet pastries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Is the butter on the outside so that you can grill without burning it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yes. But I only have a Toaster... and all this butter fat in my Toaster... at least, the sandwiches were delicious

Pizza Truck (Harold's Cross)

€5.99

Miso Mushroom Pizza (worth €13)

(Tomato Sauce, Fior di Latte, Miso Chestnut Mushroom, Caramelised Red Onion, Roast Squash, Cherry Tomatoes)

(I could choose any Pizza from the menu; prices vary from €10 to €13.50)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So did they cook it fresh there and then or was it already made when you showed up? 6 euro is a great price for that

• Advertisement

Fresh! Yes, a great price! There were people there at the same time ordering pizza for €13.

But what is wrong is that in the app it says €18.00 for €5.99. The most expensive pizza is €13.50 and the cheapest is €10. So, it's €10~13.50 for €5.99. Anyway, a bargain.

Great stuff, will defintely be checking this one out when Im passing by. Did it take long from ordering to actually getting it? If its the place I think with the other food trucks you can park a car in the yard for a few minutes while you wait?

It took about 15~20 minutes. And yes, you can park your car while waiting. It's the place with 3 food trucks (Up@Brews Cafe, Churros and Pizza Truck).

That Pizza offer is the best one I've seen posted here - you can plan ahead in advance, know exactly what you're getting, and it's made fresh in front of you. Will be giving it a shot.

The pizza truck in Harold Cross wasnt on the app when I looked at 12pm today so I went for a 3.99 pick up from a place called Wrens Urban Nest on St. Andrews Lane, D2 near enough to Drury St. Thought it was a cafe and was just expecting a sandwich and pastry but it was actually a hotel with fancy restaurant on the basement floor.

The waiter sat me down in the restaurant and radioed to the kitchen to throw something up, the wait was about 7 or 8 minutes.He came out with what he said was an Asian style chicken curry which was a bit of false advertising as it had the sum total of 3 cubes of chicken in it and it was mainly bulked out with potato and some broccoli. Anyway it was very nice aside from the lack of chicken. Judging by the swanky restaurant I doubt a curry was on their menu, more than likely it was the staff meal made from leftover veg. Still though for 3.99 I wasnt complaining and the portion was huge, I couldnt finish it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Collected from Oh Happy Treats In Tallaght the Surprise Bag worth €15 for €4.99 we got 2 cookies, 2 muffins and 1 Browny

Checking the prices they charge it does look like all together it’s worth the €15

Lennox Street Grocer

€3.99

Organic Smoked Salmon, Chipotle Chicken and Chorizo Sandwich, Croissant and Ginger Almonds (with best before dates for the next days)

Delicious food and extremely polite attendant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,686 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Now launched in Galway - 'There are already 17 Galwegian businesses signed up to fight food waste with Too Good To Go.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Picked up my first order this evening - Butlers Pantry in Sandycove. It was fine - a batch loaf, two pastries and hummus for a fiver. Not sure I'd be too bothered going back but it'll all get eaten. Fortunately we eat loads of hummus!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have had a couple of excellent collections from Egan's fish in Finglas.

Dreadful collection from Applegreen Clontarf this evening. Small bag of crisps, a bottle of still water and a sandwich best before today. Supposedly 15 euros worth. 4.99.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up as I was literally just looking up places that have collection tomorrow and all that is there right now are 5 Applegreens. Sounds like they are just using the app to sell their meal deals at close to normal prices, it goes against the spirit of the offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Report them on the app.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I reported them and got my 4.99 back.

On a positive note - the bag of salmon offcuts for 5.99 from Egan's in Finglas has been pretty good the two occasions I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I'm collecting from Egan's for the first time today , I was delighted to see them on the app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Collected from Fresh in Northern Cross yesterday - all dated today or tomorrow. The meals are good to freeze. No complaints for €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 1BDI

I'm hoping to try TGTG in Galway and wondered if anybody has any tips for using the app? I check it frequently throughout the day and all that's ever available is Applegreen which is of no interest to me. But often when I check I see sold out stickers on places I would be interested in. It's really frustrating to feel that although I'm constantly checking the app, I'm still missing offers. Is this just something TGTG users have to accept or is there a way to improve my chances of getting to try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Up@Brews in Harold's Cross again today, got a tub of vegetable soup, a ham & cheese toastie, two huge cinnamon buns and a rice crispie square, all for €3.99.

Absolutely brilliant value from them again, they're by far the best I've tried in the area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Ive used it twice

FIrst time I went to the Taste of Spain and for a fiver I got a tub of prawns up that day and a tub of caramel - not great

Second time I used it, I got a veggie curry and brownie from KC Peaches

Not bad...

Collected from Zing by Chaska an Indian/Pakistani buffet on Marlborough Street tonight.

Got a bag of chips, bag of chicken wings, bag of mixed pakora-type things, portion of pilau rice and a portion of some sort of chicken curry dish (not mental hot, but spicy enough).

Very pleased for 4.99.

• Advertisement

Usually they open for bag reservations few minutes before/after closing. E.g. if the store closes at 6PM, it will open for reservations around 5/6 PM. And the bag should be ready for collection in the next day 1 hour before closing.

Outside this time frame, you usually only find bags that no one wants or when somebody cancels.

Advertisement