Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple One Premier Tier

Options
  • 25-10-2021 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

Apple One Premier Tier is launching in Ireland next week. No News+ but all the other services are available. (Music, Arcade, TV, 2TB iCloud storage and Fitness+)

I’ve a family One plan with 2TB storage and Fitness+ subbed separately so savings to be had for others in the same boat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Have family plan and 200gb as an add on. Will be nice to upgrade to 2tb and get fitness+ too. Can leave news+ even if it was included.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

If the individual iCloud storage was 200GB I'd consider it. Or some sort of build a package you want. Arcade is zero interest, but fitness might be.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Pity we still don't get the News offering, Apple News and News+ are the only thing that would make this appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 askpt

I agree… I’ll be upgrading to this package since I have Fitness+ and 400GB currently… Sadly we don’t have News+ yet even though we have access to the widget…

This is live as of last night, signed up right away, €28.95 per month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Where are you seeing this? I only see old options in Subscription section of settings?

Very weird. I saw a 9to5Mac or macrumours article last night and went to check my existing AppleOne subscription and saw the Premier option.

Heres what I see but I’m guessing they’ve pulled it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I signed up to Premier this morning. It showed under my current subscription to Apple One.

From what I’ve read it seems you’ll get a pro-rated refund for any services you had, except if you had more iCloud storage purchased than is included in your bundle. I was subscribed to the 2TB plan which had only renewed so I’ve cancelled that extra storage now and have 4TB for a month.

I wish you could adapt packages.

Even though I'm a gamer I have no interest in Arcade and I'm also only 2 months into a free 1 year TV+sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i have a code for 3 months trial of fitness that i haven't used (may not even be accepted now)

should i use that on fitness before signing up for premier - i assume it wouldn't work after subscribing or may not impact the sub at all?

I also have a free 6mth trial of Apple music - if i sign up to premier, will that be factored in?

• Advertisement

I would use any codes you have before you commit to premier.

Also premier still not showing as on option for me, even though phone is updated to iOS15.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not showing for me either on my phone or on the apple site

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

iCloud Relay which is a feature / benefit of paying for iCloud is down. This may be delaying the roll out

https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

Available now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

In fairness the article did say November 3rd so maybe it was a bug Creamy and myself where able to sign up earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I'm still only seeing Individual and Family as options.

Edit: Just reloaded it, and Premier just showed up. And then I reload again and it disappeared.

On Family Apple Music (€14.99), Arcade (€4.99) and 2TB iCloud (€9.99) at the moment, with 4 months left on the Apple TV+ trial. So Premier will save me the princely sum of €1.02 a month at the moment, and give me "free" Fitness+. From February I'll get the benefit of continuing on free ATV+ too (I would have paid for the sub). So worth it for me anyway. Just hope it comes back long enough for me to sign up.

Edit Edit: It did and I did.

Advertisement