Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bang bang bang!! "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye...."

Comments

My prediction?

No change in Irish police or law enforcement policy.

Dude probably doesn't even get caught.

If he does, via Irish judiciary - 12 months...... suspended.

If that was your daughter?

Pfffff.

A shame dudes like this don't exist in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

It's a shame it didn't blow the cnuts hand off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Loud explosions going off in a city centre and guards 'looking for information'.

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 11112

Exactly a year to the day something similar happened to me. Myself and my daughter were stoned by a bunch of kids. We were completely blind sighted and my first thought was a firework .

I ended up with a "detached vitreous" which is closely related to the more serious "detached retina" , I still have numbness around my cheek and my eye can get irritated.

I bet the **** out of her and had some explaining to do to the guards , but they let me off.  

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Lot of feral youth. But there always has been. Maybe this generation is just worse than the previous? When you grow up with the belief you cannot be prosecuted, or held to account for your actions, these things happen. And nothing will change until an upper class D4 white girl dies. And before anyone says I'm race baiting, that poor Mongolian woman who was murdered by a youth down at the IFSC, think the lad was caught, but zero effort to engage with social change in regards to certain elements of our community.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I was at an organized fireworks display in France in a town.

Fireworks wer all let off from barges across the river.

It all seemed very safe and well organizes until one misfired and came straight across the river and into the crow.

I was holding my daughter up so she could see.

This firewirk came flying across, went right between our heads, which were only maybe 6 inches apart and into the face of a girl behind us.

That girl was unconscious and taken to hospital. I had burns on my ear and neck. My daughers hat was melted. I dont know what became of the woman hit in the face after she was taken to hospital.

I used to think fireworks were safe when organized by professionals but they are not even safe then. I wont be watching another display.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Vita nova

I really hope that footage leads to the guy's arrest, very much doubt he's the sort to turn himself in.

A few days before this happened, I had been watching a documentary about gang warfare between gangs from different banlieues (suburbs) in Paris, and one of the weapons they were using was that particular type of firework that you can hold in your hand and aim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It makes you angry watching scum like that. Those roman candles are rockets. Like so many other fireworks. DO NOT point that at someone or in the direction of anyone. That poor girl in Galway like.

And even if you are 'safe' with these.... because at the risk of sounding like buzz killington or devoid of having any fun, how much faith can you put in some cheap, mass produced piece of shi*e from China too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Absolutely condemn.

However, isnt that quote from a guy on reddit quoting his friend quoting a doctor?

Or do we have a real source on the injuries?

Im just sick of hearsay and baseless rumors i this country.

Someone brakes a red and 10 tweets later it was OJ simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

this is it 100 per cent. If the woman was white and the perp an average joe, there would have been vigils. her murder a few 100 metres from a 24 hour garda covid patrol is a disgrace. it should have been a catalyst for serious soul searching. instead we didn't even get a navel gaze.

Until it happens to a tourist, a tech executive absolutely nothing iwll change. Gardai, as an organisation (not all) have abdicated their duties, if we go by the callout scandal. Its on us the public to demand change. but for the most part Ireland is safe. Unfortunately for this poor girl, and Urantsetseg Tserendorj and their families and friends this is no longer true.

It is only going one way,. when you have an entitled, mollycoddled and indulged cohort, backed by middle class politicians who rarely speak out on these issues (mary lou barely gave one word to that murder in her consticuency) its going to end in tears. many of these people are looked after, sucking from the teat of the state cradle to grave (which i have no issue with) yet are increasingly bitter and left behind as Ireland cleans up, grows up and moves on without them. why would Ireland be any different than any other country in the World? we've caught up with many countries now, socially and culturally. it isn't the craic or irish exceptionalism thats going to keep things on the straight and narrow. we are sleep walking into massive issues imo.

clearly Irish society does not want active policing. The general populace has somehow tied in normal policing as akin to the old colonial police. Hence we underfund, cut our police. Also its clear gardai feel visible policing will not only be boring and stressful for those involved, but also antagonising and even indeed emboldening these criminals. and the general population will react against it too. However you can't have it both ways. you either have a visible, active police force in every facet (not just traffic and drugs) or you don't. if its the former this will continue to happen. we stamped down on drug gangs, its time to stamp down on socially unacceptable criminal activity. i live in Ballybough and while i feel relatively safe, its clear that an ill wind is forming. i don't feel as comfortable walking about. and i walk every day in city centre. could count on one hand how many gardai outside of vehicles i saw walking Dublin over the last three days. yeah there is undercovers etc, but thats not what gives communities a sense of safety and order. but shure look it, that would awful. who wants to be policed. bootlickers etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I hadn't even heard of the murder of Urantsetseg Tserendorj untill now, disgraceful, there should be protests on the streets ...

Granted I don't live in Ireland anymore, but I keep fairly up to date with the news ..and the fact that he;s 15 ?? good luck, he won't serve one day in prison ...

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

its also incredible that it happened in A) our central business district and B) it was about a few hundred yards from a gardai checkpoint. also bear in mind there was 5 knife incidents in that area in 2 months. at least three badly injured, two dead. and there was barely a shrug.ah but shure ireland is safe. not for those people. now its not saying Gardai have to be everywhere. but they have to be somewhere. by letting this go unchecked it sends out so much bad messaging. particularly to a huge cohort who are indulged at every turn. when you drive through Ballybough (where i live) you will often get people crossing the road without looking,slowly walking, not a care in the World, as if traffic is meant to stop for them. this is the mindset in many of these communities. its us, law obeying people, who are living the wrong life. its hugely dangerous, and will only get worse as young people have so much access to bad information, other peer groups and alot of factors (i have a 13 year old myself). These communities are being left behind. There is two worlds forming. In IReland we essentially bribe them with very generous supports (which i support as its a hugely complex problem due to tech companies not providing jobs - i work in one with 2 irish people, and a society moving on without them. The old irish way of doing things is dying. these lads are stuck in the old ways and getting isolated)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If the thing gets caught I’m willing to bet a suspended sentence.... it was upset about something will probably be the excuse...

fûck it in jail for a while, that will improve everybody else’s mental health..

And as for that murder, convince me that's not a question of urban culture and again, complete lack of enforcement, complete lack of discipline.

The same mentality is exactly what you see rampant in Dublin youth (aka "scrote") scumbag culture.

They run rampant, the issue in welfare estates seems to have reached nuclear levels, and they can do so essentially with zero fear of reprisal.

Hell that kid that was trashing lawns on his dirtbike, got arrested and suffered a bloody nose, is apparently in for a big cash settlement.

article doesn't have any detail on injuries as mentioned/speculated on here.

Oh jesus would you go away and google it yourself?

just because you believe every bit of hearsay shyte found on social media doesnt mean its true.

'Serious and life changing injuries' make of that what you will. News outlets are hardly going to go into graphic detail to please the likes of you.

That could mean anything. Show me one bit of evidence that shes lost an eye, or even sight in an eye.

Youre just another one of the easily led. Passing on made up he said she said shyte, probably adding in an alien or two.

Get a job at the sun. Girl in firework decapitation shocker.

• Advertisement

There are individuals such as yourself that find such information difficult to process and cope with.

Simply cause it's such a random and terrible injustice, a college girl who had a promising future ahead of her, now thrown into disarray because of one act of stupid attention seeking bravado by a degenerate, seemingly encouraged by the other half-wits in the immediate locale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

OK.. I read the thread title and thought this was about fascials

I am disappointed.

We're just behind the times on this issue and need to modernize policy, come to terms with certain realities historically not consistent with our "great craic!! happy-go-lucky, we're Irish!!" outlook.

The country is moving forward, diversifying, law enforcement policy however, is woefully primitive.

So much of a nations well being is going to depend on police enforcement ensuring progressive areas don't get over run with scum and trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 boe_Jiden

why was my comment deleted? don't be ringing the gardai on kids throwing bangers ffs, we all did it when we were young, accidents happen.

There are individuals such as yourself who just decide she lost an eye. No reason, just entirely random.

Yeah an eye, that'll do. Sounds about right. That happened so.

"The victim of the assault – a 19-year-old student from the city area – is still being treated at UHG for what have been described as life-changing injuries. She was struck with the firework in the face as she sat at a bus-stop in Eyre Square.

The horror incident – which has drawn widespread condemnation from local community and public representatives – has left the victim with major facial injuries including serious damage to one of her eyes."

It was confirmed by a Dr she lost an eye already but apparently some need the word of media over that of a licenced clinician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Discussion already on the Galway forum - Thankfully the investigation is progressing & hopefully identify & arrest the culprit.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,269 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It was reported in reputable media.

Even if it hadn't been, how come you wouldn't even have the decency to admit that the prick was seriously in the wrong for firing off firework rockets into crowds of unsuspecting randomers?

First two words genius.

"Absolutely condemn".

And no, detail of injury wasnt reported in reputable media at the time.

Ffs.

• Advertisement

Well NOW you have an actual source, whereas before you had a forum response pulled from someones anus on reddit.

That was what you were going off. Only now have you found a reliable source.

I require some sort of proof, you believe based on third hand hearsay. Thats been proven.

Advertisement