Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piping required

Options
  • 26-10-2021 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭

Want to pipe cattle drinking water from a spring -water source- to a water trough 190 metres away.

Question 1.

what fall is needed from top of water source -a wall- to top of water trough in order to get a reasonable flow of water. I feel that I would need a two inch pipe - like the pipe the ESB uses to protect underground cables - but am open to suggestions. The flow will be all year round as spring never dries up .

Question 2

any ideas as to what type of pipe would do the job and where it might be sourced. ? I assume that a 6” wavin would definitely do the job but would I have to go to that expense- and with all those joints . A 50 mt + tubing with two + joints would be a better job. The pipe would not need to be of a high quality as it’s not transporting sewage, no electrics involved, etc it just needs to be reasonably robust

Advertisement