Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating - how does it go for you?

Options
  • 26-10-2021 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

It’s probably a thread that’s been fine to death at this stage.

I’ve been on and off the apps for a couple of years now. I’m finding it almost impossible to get a second date.

My photos look like me no fancy effects, in fact they are probably bad photos on the grand scheme of things but I just want to make sure that they know what I really look like as I’ve been cat fished a few times.

im a normal bloke, good sense of humour and have all my **** together. Own house no kids never married.

Is anyone else struggling on these apps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I'm finding it almost impossible to get a first date. I haven't met anyone since the days of POF on the desktop. Never had any luck on the swipey apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,670 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I think if you've been on the apps with the same pictures for an extended period, people are probably used to seeing you and maybe your profile could do with disappearing for a couple months and then coming back with all new pictures and content.

For the OP, you mention second dates, if you are getting first dates, then the app probably isn't the issue, would that be fair to say? Might be worth asking girls you've had the first dates with was there something particular that made them not interested in going further? If doing this, make it clear you are asking for constructive feedback, not to question their decision or to ask them to reconsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭iptba

Only available to those with a subscription to the Irish Independent:

Relationship strategist: ‘I tell men not to be over-cocky – and I think they should pay the bill’

Mairead Molloy from Wexford helps single and coupled people navigate relationships and says she often has to tell clients things they may not want to hear

https://www.independent.ie/life/relationship-strategist-i-tell-men-not-to-be-over-cocky-and-i-think-they-should-pay-the-bill-41206036.html

She criticises online dating apps a bit but then she does run an exclusive (cost from €12,500) dating agency herself called Berkeley International

With men, I might tell them not to be overconfident or over-cocky. And I don’t care what anyone says — and I’ll probably get slated for this — but men should pay the bill. I believe in an old-fashioned approach. I think men should open the door and pull out the chair, and then women can do something nice for the guys as well, of course.

Advertisement