Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decathlon - now cheaper In Dublin than GB, not sure about NI

Options
  • 26-10-2021 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

I bought a bike online from Decathlon.ie last week, which shipped from their French warehouse. Surprised to find it was cheaper in Ireland than GB. Riverside 500 - was €300 here, £329.99 in the .co.uk site. Delivery was €19.90, which seems very reasonable.

I checked a few other prices just now and there seems to be a 10 to 20% discrepancy across the range (of bikes). For instance, an electric Riverside 920 E is £999.99, versus €1,000.

If you live in NI, it might be worth checking the two sites, and, of course, if they will ship to NI at the euro price.

As it happens I bought some stuff from a German car-parts site last week as well and was amused to see it said (more or less) "Unfortunately, due to excessive red-tape, we cannot deliver to UK (with the exception of Northern Ireland)", so maybe Decathlon will be similarly on the ball.

Comments

Advertisement