Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify people from old cinefilm, possibly Cork?

• 26-10-2021 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions as to how I would go about tracing people that are in a piece of film I have with the intention of passing it on to them/children.

Backstory - I have a lot of old film that I had restored, I have identified practically all clips but have a clip of a family holidaying in a B&B in Castlegregory somewhere between 1959/67 ish, the children in the film are most likely in their 50s/60s now so possibly on social media. Are there any local type FB pages that would be useful for this sort of thing? I have put this in the County Cork section as a lot of the visitors to the B&B every year were from Cork/Limerick but that's not a guarantee either. I have a photo of them taken from the film that I can use to post anywhere that might work.

It would be nice to be able to give it to family as I find children/grandchildren love seeing old film of the adults in their life.

I have tracked down people all over the country through various methods but in most cases I had names for the people but nobody I have showed it to in my family who might know has any idea who they are, not surprising really if they were just paying visitors as opposed to relatives.

Advertisement