Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My external HDD connection is not recognised KDL43WG663BU TV

Options
  • 26-10-2021 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I just got my new TV but the external HDD connection is not recognised on my KDL43WG663BU TV. The message is "The HDD connected to the USB port was not recognised. Please confirm the connection." I have checked with the HDD requirements and it conforms, it is NTFS formatted HDD with over 256GB storage space, and have tried connecting it to both USB slots, unplugged the TV as it says on the Sony site, but still get the same message.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Just to get the basics out of the way have you tried the hdd on a laptop.

Have you tried an USB stick on the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

If just USB cable used, TV USB port might not provide enough power to HDD. You might need enclosure with external power for disk especially if its 3.5'

"The maximum output current of the TV USB port: 500 mA

Use an external USB HDD that requires a maximum of 500 mA. If it exceeds this power requirement, the TV may not be able to supply the necessary power for proper operation."

https://www.sony.ie/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/kdl-43wg663/articles/00083790

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭kig

I used the same hdd on my old TV, and formatted it on my laptop before trying it on the new TV. I haven't tried a USB stick because they say that won't work.

How do I know what mA my HDD needs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

See disk specs. What disk is it?

WD blue require ~900-1000 mA

WD black require ~1100 mA

I haven't tried a USB stick because they say that won't work.

"they" talking nonsense

Post edited by smuggler.ie on

Advertisement