Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mesh wifi with Imagine.ie?

Options
  • 26-10-2021 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone had any experience connecting up a mesh system to work with the imagine router?

I was lookin at an EERO one but apparently doesn't support the right protocols.. so now am lookin at a TP-LINK Deco M9.

Presumably I'll be spending two months on the phone with tech support before I get the thing workin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

I anyone could help me with the link to the huge Imagine.ie thread that is somewhere here on boards I would be most grateful.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

I used S4. No issues. Turned WiFi off on router.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

I've a TP-Link Deco 5 set up with Imagine.

No issues setting up.

I can't manually turn off the imagine wi-fi on the router I have , would need to contact customer services, didn't bother.

Works fine.

GO

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

I got my Zenwifi AX set up there the other day.

Imagine tech support said my modem didn't support bridge mode so they'd have to charge me and send me out a newer one.

They suggested I just try the setup anyway and only turn off wifi from the router (web browser pointed to ...http://192.168.15.1)

I did that and its workin grand.. great 5Gz signal all over the house now.

If @good one you didn't turn off the wifi you might want to check what channels the different wifis are broadcasting on.. I use an app on my phone for that... If they are on top of each other you might benefit from getting the TP-Link to use different channels...

If you're happy as you are then grand.. it just might get you a better signal/speed if not..

Advertisement