Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Brexit power tools?

• 26-10-2021 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

I've started this as a separate thread from the general Tool Suppliers one because it might develop into a discussion and it's a bit off-topic-ish.

Has any ordered power tools directly from suppliers in the EU since Brexit?

Dieter Schmidt (fine-tools.com) and Dictum are both fantastic for hand tools and some very fancy power tools, and I use amazon.de for anything that I used amazon.co.uk for before Brexit came along and messed everything up but I don't really have a go-to equivalent for the likes of Axminster, Yandles etc for any cordless power tools that local suppliers like The Carpentry Store don't have or can't get.

The ideal situation would be a Belgian/French/German etc equivalent of UK based companies like the above, ones with a solid customer service reputation and competitive prices. Has anyone taken the plunge and ordered anything?

Comments

Advertisement