Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Diamond Ring?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ohh, that really depends solely on your wife’s tastes! I instinctively prefer the first one, but I do like that you can design the second one with different coloured gemstones on the outside bands.

If she liked coloured gemstones, consider the second, but I think the first is nicer with all diamonds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭furiousox

Hi Faith, and thanks for your reply.

Her taste would be all diamonds as opposed to coloured gemstones.

I was thinking the Glamira ring seems to be better quality stones and it's all diamonds with no beading between each row of stones.

It also has four rows of stones compared to the ring in Fields which has three.

I've seen the ring in Fields and it's a very nice piece, the ring itself is 18k gold compared to 9k on the Glamira one.

It would also be more convenient buying the ring locally in Fields rather than from a website.

I was pretty set on the Fields ring until I saw the Glamira on a web search.

What makes you prefer the Fields ring over the Glamira?

Thanks!

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It’s obviously very hard to tell from just pictures on a website but I like the banding of the diamonds on the Fields ring more. It just looks cleaner somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 my dog and i

Make sure her other rings white gold also. And remember there is upkeep on a white gold ring, the fields one is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Fields

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭furiousox

Her wedding and engagement ring are yellow gold.

She would be wearing the fields ring on the ring finger of her right hand.

(No other jewellery on the right hand.)

Should look OK?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robinsonclare2000

Hi can i seek some helo

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robinsonclare2000

I want to buy a 5 stone emerald cut ring but i cannot decide on the size - either a 3 carat with 5 * 0.60 diamonds as in the photo or get a 3,5 carat made with 5 * 0.70 - i am not sure if the length of the ring across my finger is too short as in you see a bit of the ring band ? or will the 3.5 look too long ?

i think there is a small difference in overall size but wonder if i would be better with extra length across finger ? im a size M for reference ... sorry ring in picture is 3 carat and a little small for finger.

Advertisement