Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Path from Springboard to PhD

• 26-10-2021 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Just wondering is there any path to get from a one year level 8 springboard course to computer science PhD, without going through a 4 year undergrad first.

I did a masters in a business subject in what feels like a previous life, then a 1 year level 8 springboard course in Data Analytics about 3 years ago. That allowed me to change careers to become a software engineer where I've been working pretty contently since. My new company will sponsor part-time masters and postgrad courses. I've always done well academically and really enjoyed the process of completing research and writing a thesis so a long term ambition had been to complete a PhD.

What I'm wondering is if I complete a MSc in computer science part-time or online, will there be any chance of being accepted into a PhD course in an Irish university?

Advertisement