Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Trousers!!

• 26-10-2021 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if any one can help.

I have a very typical hourglass figure but don't own one single pair of trousers as it's impossible to find something that covers my bum without gaping badly at the waist.

I'm also very short so that doesn't help.

Years ago I got a pair from Zara that were fantastic, ankle length, light, stretchy material, no waist band and side zip. No pockets. Unfortunately spilt bleach on them & ruined them.

If anyone has any one has any ideas where I got get a simple pair of work trousers that would fit, I would be so grateful.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have you though about buying a pair that fit your hips and having the waist tailored? Costs about 10 euro for me to get similar done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

I'm an hour glass/pear shape and have this problem too. By the measurements my hips are about 3 sizes bigger than my waist. I'm tall though so can't help with that side of things, though I think rolling up/shortening the pants is a good solution.

You don't say what style you're looking for. I've found New Look jeans fit me quite well. New Look in general wouldn't be my typical style but I tried some jeans on there on a whim and was delighted. Specifically I like the yazmin jeans for skinnies. They have a high waist which really helps with the gaping for me, though they've since changed them a bit to make them all 'life and shape' style so I'll need to try them again. I also like the Hannah straight leg jeans. They are not nearly as loose on me as they look in the pictures online, just look like regular straight leg jeans. They are inconsistent in fit though so be sure to try a few though. After I bought a pair of the Hannah ones in the shop recently I ordered my size in about 4 different colours online and only one of the online pairs fitted as well as the ones I already had.

I have a pair of cords from Seasalt Cornwall that fit quite well. They are the Crackington style. I bought them on Next but you can also get them direct from Seasalt. They make jeans in the same fit I think. They have a side button closure and also a bit of elastic at the back. I still find the waist a little loose and have been meaning to take in the elastic but haven't got around to it and they're mostly fine.

Good luck!

Advertisement