Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbished PC, is it risky?

Options
  • 27-10-2021 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

I'm on a budget, is it worth while getting a more powerful refurbished PC rather than a new less powerful one? I've gotten into editing my photos and my current (very old) pc is driving me mad because its so slow. Are there any shops or websites you'd recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

I found greenit.ie to be very good and good value. All items carry 1 year guarantee wihich can be extended to 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I bought a refurbished PC from Laptops direct and while it was good at the time, it died badly when the warranty ran out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Unless you're batch editing RAW files you don't need a powerful pc to edit photos so I'd go new. Not ruling out a good deal from a reputable reseller as mentioned by @ajmull above of course.

Advertisement